What's a good starter camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good starter camera?

I have never really done any kind of photography, but i would love to pick up the hobby. My dilemma is I don't really know where to start. What would some of you photo gurus recommend??

Sent from my EVO 3d using tapatalk

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
    Originally posted by nickskater09
    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

I've had my Canon T2i for a couple months now and I love it. It's easy to use and I'm sure you could find a used one for a decent price.
    BMW E38
    That White Evo
    -SOLD
    instagram @kbuss
    flickr

Comment

^^^ What he said!
      sigpic

Comment

Camera

Canon T2i is a affordable option as it has quality with variety of features.
        couch cleaning ny

Comment

Thanks guys. I have been checking craigslist trying to find a good deal

Sent from my EVO 3d using tapatalk

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
          Originally posted by nickskater09
          I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

I'm really happy with my Nikon D40. I purchased a 50mm 1.8 lens and get good results with it. The whole setup could be had for under $500.
            025garage

Comment

I just upgraded to a Canon T3i, and I freaking love it. Overall build quality is awesome and the quality of photo's/video's it produces are pretty amazing.

Since we're talking about noobs and such lol, can anyone recommend me a wide-angle lens that may be useful for taking pictures and/or video (mainly cars)? Or maybe list a couple lenses that are popular, and most people have in there arsenal?

Comment

I've been with nikon since I've started and I've loved them. I have a D300s. But a Canon T3i is what I would pick for a starting camera. I plan on switching to Canon pretty soon. Nikon is awesome, but I feel Canon will make me happier.

Comment

i had a D40 as my starter camera. It was sweet. Had the kit lenses and then got a 35mm f/1.8
                  Even now having a D300s and a 16-35mm f/4 I still revert back to that 35mm

Comment

if you wanna start and see if you like it or have an eye for it, grab a canon 20D on craigslist for $200 and a 50mm F1.8. $300 investment just to see how you like it then you can always keep the 20D as a back up and start upgrading the body then lenses

noise performance isn't as good on the 20D as newer ones but as a walk around camera I don't have to worry about damaging my new DSLR

Comment

I've got a Canon XS that I'd sell, I don't use it very often, but it's an excellent camera that I'd sell with the kit lens for $400. It's still in the box I got it in.

Comment

2 of my mates are pretty into photography, and when i asked about recommendations for my first camera they both said look at the canon 450d or similar, good price and obviously many many lenses. but also depends if you want the option to film aswell.

the other guys suggestions seem good.

Comment

Pick up a used Canon 40D/50D. They're about 400-600 used. Great medium between starter and intermediate. So when you learn your camera, you will have a decent body to start shooting with.

As far as lenses go, hands down 50mm 1.8. Its affordable, sharp, and should be any photographers bag today for the price. I love mine, still use it daily.

If you're a Nikon guy, the D200's can be found used for cheap. Also, D3000 is supposed to be a nice beginner body... personally I think Canon has better options on the lower end of the DSLR market.

www.photography-on-the.net is a great place to research those cameras/lenses as well as find some used gear to pick up.

Good luck!

Colin

Comment

t2i, or 40D used if you do not care about video. (there is a hack, but no sound)

The new rebels offer a lot, i shoot with a t2i currently, and my portland shots were done with my buddys t1i. I know of a handful really well respected photogs that shoot with t2i and t3is. They'll save you a few bucks that you can put toward glass instead, which is the better investment

Flickr

Comment

I would recommend the Nikon D3100 (D-SLR) to anyone who enjoys photography or looking to get a new hobby. It has the ability to create wonderful pictures.
                              SEO Company | SEO Companies

Comment

Working...
                              X