X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first automotive photography shoot

2008 Shelby Mustang GT

1987 Porsche Slant Nose 911 Carrera

Give me feedback! I'm going to shoot more later tonight.
    Last edited by JSanders; 05-31-2011, 10:54 PM.

I'm in favor of the first picture ONLY if it were even all across the hood of the car - the 2nd and 3rd pictures otherwise are just "blah" to me. There's something to see, but then again, there's really nothing to see.

The first picture is the best on the bunch, I like it a lot! Just get the rest of the right side just like you have the left side.

Strictly Pleasure
    Allen
    82 Datsun 280ZX Turbo 5 Spd
    92 Mercedes 300CE Sportline 5 Spd

Comment

I was definitely going with a less is more approach on all of these, but I guess what you're saying make's sense. On the first one I tried to get the light all the way across but it kept coming out wavy.

Comment

More from last night, 2003 Harley V-Rod with "lottery" paint job # 11/200.

Last edited by JSanders; 06-20-2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

You need to perfect these methods before you get quality results. Only a portion of the subject is illuminated and it isn't consistent. Either shoot with more ambient light or work to spread the light out more evenly.

I suppose you're trying to use a constant light with a long exposure to get certain results... I'd use either a bigger light source to illuminate more of the car or add more exposure to get the details back.
          FlickR

"What really goes on in the mind of a n**** that gets down for theirs? Constantly, money over bitches."

Comment

you don't always have to light paint, there is a reason day is longer than night. and with some post-processing you can definitely get some sick shots.
            Titanium Grey Metallic E39 M5
            flickr

Comment

Thanks for the advice!

I already figured out I need a bigger light or more ambient lighting, I'm just trying to work with what I have for now (a little $30 led mag lite from Wal Mart). I probably won't be shooting any more until I find a better light source.

Yeah, there is plenty of time during the day for me to shoot, but I'm enjoying playing with light painting for now.

Comment

If you're looking for less is more, the 1st and 3rd shot of the Harley are IT. I'm loving those.

Strictly Pleasure
                Allen
                82 Datsun 280ZX Turbo 5 Spd
                92 Mercedes 300CE Sportline 5 Spd

Comment

Thanks Allen!

One from this weekend, first attempt at rolling shots:

Comment

Working...
                  X