Classic and Vintage Car Rally 14th May 2011, Inverness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic and Vintage Car Rally 14th May 2011, Inverness

Before you criticise 2 much, please bare in mind that these are taken with a compact. I am hoping to move onto a dlsr but i need 2 get 2 grips with the basics first.

These are some pictures from a local car rally, held in the city centre. a lot of the cars were very meh and none were stanced!

i really struggled to get clean shots without other people being in frame, and i also ran out of patience waiting for people to move!

anyways, here's the rather feeble pick of the bunch............

Comments and crit welcomed

thanks

G

What you really need to work on is composing and keeping in mind not to cut any important parts of the subject off, if they are in the picture at all (i.e. for example only 3/4 of the headlight in your last mustang pic).

Also, with cars keep in mind that it's almost always better to leave some space in front of the car when you frame it. If it looks like it has room to move forward, it looks more dynamic and pleasing to the eye.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Seriously over compensated on the lack of the normal SLR effects you would get..

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        Seriously over compensated on the lack of the normal SLR effects you would get..
        not sure if i understand what your saying? are you trying to say that there over-processed?

Comment

Yeah sorry, like the blurring in the background. As someone saidinyour last thread about the depth of field being gradual not sudden.

Comment

Working...
          X