one pic, 2 edits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one pic, 2 edits

same pic, 2 edits comments and crit on both please.

comp isn't exactly what i was aiming for, but the cars were 2 close together and there was a lot of people about.

only just started thinking about how i actually take pictures and reading up on it, so all help is greatly appreciated

many thanks

G

The composition would have been awesome with a better and less distracting background, which I can see that you have tried to accomplish on the first edit, but remember that when you're gonna change the pictures depth of field, and want it to look real, the amount of blur is not consistent over the entire picture. Also, only one small area of the front of the car would be crisp and 100% in focus (e.g the grille) if the background was to be blurred out.

I recommend googling "depth of field" and read a bit on the subject, because my English vocabulary ain't great.

Comment

thanks for the feedback, i appreciate that the car being crisp and background being blurred makes it look processed, but i felt it worked by way of removing your focus from the background.

i'm struggling to capture a good DoF with my compact, still having to play around with the settings.

thanks

G

Comment

I recommend saving up 3-400 bucks and get a Nikon D60 or a Canon 350/400D. I've owned or tested all of them, and for the price they're very good and opens up a ton of opportunities that a regular p&s compact can't. You're clearly interested in photography and already know a lot so I think it would be a good investment.

Comment

Get a cheap canon or nikon, 35 or 50mm f/1.8 lens with that.
          I bought a nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF on ebay for €35, in pretty much perfect condition.

Comment

Working...
          X