Canon 7D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 7D

Do any of you use this camera or have any experiences with it? I'm looking at upgrading from my E3 and there's only so much I can learn from company reviews and spec sheets

My Flickr http://www.flickr.com/omex_uk

From what I have heard by owners, they are superb. Reading the specs online makes them look very appealing for me, but can't afford

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
      From what I have heard by owners, they are superb. Reading the specs online makes them look very appealing for me, but can't afford
      I've been saving for the last 3 years of work for nothing in particular but now that I'm off to uni to do photography this year I've decided to spoil myself.

Comment

Upgraded from the 40D about a year and a half ago. Can't say enough good things about it
        Instagram: dongalong

Comment

its so awesome, expecially for video, which i use it a ton for
          Titanium Grey Metallic E39 M5
          flickr

Comment

Sounds like it's a solid choice to go for then.

Comment

I have one, check out my flickr, I'm not a great photographer but some of the results have been really good.
              Originally posted by Kielan
              VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.

Flickr

Comment

For the money, theres not a lot that competes with them. I have access to 1d4's and dont see the point in spending the money on a body like that, id rather have the glass. The 1d4's are a spectacular unit, but the 7d will compete for anything I do at a fraction of the cost.
                www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers, Understeer Scares The Driver

Comment

The new T3i doesn't have the frame rate, and some of the other features. But is a solid buy. I bought it instead of the 7D. Same sensor, same video capabilities, same built in flash trigger, half the price.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Depends what your using it for... Motorsport/sport the 7d is definitely worth the money, static car shoots, portrait, landscape... maybe not.

Does the T3i (i dont know where that stands in the model lineup, different designations for the lower end stuff here in oz) have the weather sealing and metal body?
                    www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers, Understeer Scares The Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor View Post
                      Depends what your using it for... Motorsport/sport the 7d is definitely worth the money, static car shoots, portrait, landscape... maybe not.

Does the T3i (i dont know where that stands in the model lineup, different designations for the lower end stuff here in oz) have the weather sealing and metal body?
                      It's a 600D. No weather sealing, no magnesium frame.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

I love my 7D. ISO wise though the 5DII blows it to pieces past ISO800. Only problem with choosing a 550/600D over the 60/7D is the fact they feel so terrible in comparison, they just feel like toy cameras? I use mine for a variety of stuff but not really what its aimed for. When I picked it up it there was no 60D, most of the stuff I shoot isnt really moving so the AF goes to waste. If I was to go back in time I'd certainly of saved a wee bit more and got a 5DII.

If you're going to MK next week then you'll probably see me around with it. Ask and you can have a play if you want?

Comment

I love my 7D

Comment

How are you doing your video editing with the 7d? I use a 7d but haven't done much video with it yet.

Comment

Working...
                            X