• Band photos are hard..

Comment

• Originally posted by Travis C View Post
      Band photos are hard..
      elaborate?

Comment

• It's all a blur by Carter N, on Flickr

Comment

• Hey Carter what are your thoughts on the Canon Rebel T3?
          Instagram: jfinnmedia

Comment

• Actually read through this whole thread and learned a lot.

One question ffrom me (since I haven't had a chance to test it myself) would be when painting with light, do you generally shoot in aperture priority and extend the exposure like that or do you do a longer timed shot with a time variable?

Hope I worded that correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFinn View Post
              Hey Carter what are your thoughts on the Canon Rebel T3?
              Don't know the specifics but most of these consumer geared cameras are great for the general purpose photographer.

Originally posted by blurred View Post
              Actually read through this whole thread and learned a lot.

One question ffrom me (since I haven't had a chance to test it myself) would be when painting with light, do you generally shoot in aperture priority and extend the exposure like that or do you do a longer timed shot with a time variable?

Hope I worded that correctly.
              Manual mode all day!

Comment

• kinda figured... lol.

Thanks, I'll have to toy with it more.

Comment

• I will usually do like 30 second exposure at f8 if I am trying to light the whole car in one go.. If I am doing multiple frames I just reduce the shutter speed to 15 seconds.

Comment

• okay... I need to play with the camera in manual setting more.

Appreciate the help.

Comment

• Get the t2i body only and a 50mm prime dude. I wish I would have. I got the t1i kit + telephoto lens. Wish I would have upped to the t2i. All in all i'm happy but I see myself going with a 5D within the next year or two if I keep learning.

Comment

• want to know if its okay

U*A by Charky Jr Photography, on Flickr

this is the original one.

IMG_0716 by Charky Jr Photography, on Flickr n heres some of my work

Until its all over.FITDEEZ by Charky Jr Photography, on Flickr

One S2K vs the world by Charky Jr Photography, on Flickr

IMG_2846 by Charky Jr Photography, on Flickr
                        IMG_2708 by Charky Jr Photography, on Flickr
                        Last edited by mrhellaflsuh; 12-14-2011, 08:07 AM.
                        flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/charkyjrphotography/ / facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Charky...95731190503630

Comment

• I cant see too much of a difference in the first two Charky but everything looks pretty good. Just pay special attention to composition, it can make or break a shot. From the looks of it you have some really killer spots to use so just keep practicing and you'll find that you teach yourself and grow to become a great photographer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carter N View Post
                            I cant see too much of a difference in the first two Charky but everything looks pretty good. Just pay special attention to composition, it can make or break a shot. From the looks of it you have some really killer spots to use so just keep practicing and you'll find that you teach yourself and grow to become a great photographer.
                            Thanks man ! I apreciate it ! Wil keep in touch for anything !
                            flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/charkyjrphotography/ / facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Charky...95731190503630

Comment

• as i've learned some tips at this thread so i'm gonna request some advise here...

we tried some rolling shots at night during NYE, and i think it's bcos my car were black so the ISO were all stuffed, is there any tips (i know won't be an instant cure) but to improve on the fotos...especially shooting at black car at night?

my audi a3...

mate's GT3...
                              http://www.fb.com/hdproduce

Comment

• Shooting black cars at night is near impossible without some source of lighting. So rolling shots of black cars at night is probably one of the hardest things to do automotive photography wise. You're best bet at getting usable photos of a black car rolling at night it shooting somewhere that has a lot of light, i.e. a city street, etc. Also try to put the car against a background that contrasts well, the tunnel wall isn't bad but the lighting in a tunnel is not optimal. This shot here is probably the best night time roller of a black car I have

H2Oi 2010. by Carter N, on Flickr

As for other general tips about your photos, try zooming out a bit or not cropping so tight, rollers look a lot better when there is a healthy balance of car and background. Besides that you seem to get the idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X