Lens advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens advice?

I'm using a canon 1000d currently, and have the kit lens, an 18-55 and a 70-300, i'm looking for something that would compliment my current equipment. Budget is approx £100, less if possible!
    I **** using flash and love shooting animals, vehicles, landscapes. Obviously flash can help with action shots, but I lovelove natural lighting and outdoors shots. Its rare for me to whip out the camera indoors.

Uh, also i've got a day booked in July where I can go and photograph a variety of small wild cats, such as leopards, lynx and snow leopards.

Go, Go, reccommend kit!

Originally posted by Jersh
    RT changes lives.

Do you need speed/high aperture? What focal length? Anyone will tell you a 50 1.8 or 50 1.4 is an essential in ANY camera bag.
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
    Originally posted by Jedidiah
    he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Han View Post
      Do you need speed/high aperture? What focal length? Anyone will tell you a 50 1.8 or 50 1.4 is an essential in ANY camera bag.
      Speed <3 Speed is good, and maintaining the exposure - as for focal length, I'm not sure. I'm pleased with my 300 and pleased with my 55, so its just something complimentary I'm after. I'm not against getting closer or further away from my subjects - I got the 70-300 for birds mostly, and dogs.. they like to run far.
      I'll take a look at some 50s now - thanks!

RT changes lives.

Comment

http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Canon...-II_29710.html found this, seems like a good deal.

RT changes lives.

Comment

Originally posted by ratmog View Post
          http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Canon...-II_29710.html found this, seems like a good deal.
          I'm not sure if BH does international shipping, but buy new as they're not expensive anyway.

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
          if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
          Originally posted by Jedidiah
          he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Han View Post
            I'm not sure if BH does international shipping, but buy new as they're not expensive anyway.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...0mm_f_1_8.html
            Thats not a bad deal - I'll see if they'll ship to the UK.

EDIT: They do, but the whole package would cost me £144.29.. I'll have a shop about in the UK sales at the moment, see if Jessops or the local camera shop have anything.
            Either way, I'm sold on the 50mm lens.
            Last edited by ratmog; 01-14-2011, 05:36 PM. Reason: Infos.

RT changes lives.

Comment

Working...
            X