Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at Upgrading my DSLR. Any help would be appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, no, you don't have aperture down pat. You just shot a frame with a blurry background. Problem is, your subject is blurry too. Your dog's eyes and ears are OOF. Granted, I shoot people, but if nothing else is in focus, the eyes should at least be.
    I like to modify things.
    flickr
    Inyo Photo
    -Chad

Comment

/soapbox and rants.

OP, hope what I said helped.

Kielan, no disrespect or hard feelings intended.

People that think that photography is behind a computer, get &%$ed. Spend more time behind the camera.
      I like to modify things.
      flickr
      Inyo Photo
      -Chad

Comment

no not down pat, im GETTING it down pat. i know im far from getting it 100% but with the info all you guys have told me here i think i have learnt heaps, so a big thanks to all you guyys

Comment

Originally posted by hover View Post

People that think that photography is behind a computer, get &%$ed. Spend more time behind the camera.
          ThisThisThis... I used to shoot film, and how awesome digital all got, but seriously i gave up. Most pics now are soo overworked with no talent behind them it disgusts me. Rant\

Visit my blog! It needs some freinds...http://yummystreetcandy.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hover View Post
            /soapbox and rants.

OP, hope what I said helped.

Kielan, no disrespect or hard feelings intended.

No offense taken.

However I'm not saying that photo is done behind a computer, I go out everyday and take pictures, I only do minor adjustments, after I realized that PP doesn't make the photo, but its the photographer that makes the photo. But in that one case I was saying that rather waste money on lighting that he will end up never using, and is extremely difficult to get down especially for some one who doesn't know much about their camera's functions, or what makes a good picture.. (no offense OP). What I only realized recently (and its because of James and Mike that I have), is that trying to be the next big photographer isn't going to get you anywhere, trying to keep up with the times (PP and style wise), isn't going to get you anywhere.

Take your own photos, go for your own thing, and eventually you will get somewhere, I wish I had figured that out sooner, rather than critiquing the hell out of my own photos, and getting angry at myself.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              What I only realized recently (and its because of James and Mike that I have), is that trying to be the next big photographer isn't going to get you anywhere, trying to keep up with the times (PP and style wise), isn't going to get you anywhere.

Take your own photos, go for your own thing, and eventually you will get somewhere, I wish I had figured that out sooner, rather than critiquing the hell out of my own photos, and getting angry at myself.

100% with you on that one.
              Originally posted by anth
              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                No offense taken.

But in that one case I was saying that rather waste money on lighting that he will end up never using, and is extremely difficult to get down especially for some one who doesn't know much about their camera's functions, or what makes a good picture.. (no offense OP). What I only realized recently (and its because of James and Mike that I have), is that trying to be the next big photographer isn't going to get you anywhere, trying to keep up with the times (PP and style wise), isn't going to get you anywhere.

like i said in the 1st post, i do this for a hobby, not because im trying to be the next big thing or trying to keep up with times. i started this thread becasue i was after some info on better lens and opinions on what i should/shouldent upgrade (and thanks to the people who have added). As far as lighting go's yes i do belive i will use it and even if i dont "get it down" straight away, im sure i will get it even if i have to ask for help as i did in the 1st post. As for not knowing what makes a good photo, i think im doing exceptionally well for some one who is self taught and has only started taking up photography as a serious hobby in the last year and a bit.

any way, leaving it at that i have purchased the canon 50mm f1.8 II and i have purchased a speedlight (still waiting for it to arrive as suggested) and thanks to all for the help.
                Last edited by Guest; 11-14-2010, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X