No announcement yet.

Talk me out of this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im still gonna stick with saying keep the subi. I really dont think a sti swap could cost over $15k but thats just me. youve probly done more research than I.

But...in order to make that bimmer fast, your gonna spend more and itll be even more high maintenance and to do any exterior, interior, suspension, or anything mods, its gonna be more expensive

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
      Just keep the Wagon and mod the EJ. You don't need the STI motor to make power. My former friend (long story) used to have a nuts '07 WRX. Just do a turbo/fuel system upgrade, get the new barrels for the wheels and the Stance coilovers, and you'll have a whole new beast.

And 50k isn't anything.....my '07 has 67k on it and i'm still driving it :P
      Its a impreza not a wrx

Comment

If you want something classier and cheaper too why not look at legacy GT's. WRX motors+mods with a nicer look.

You've glorified the e46 wagon, at the end of the day you're looking at slow auto's. Nothing about that sounds fun. And yeah, even oil changes are going to run you more.

Comment

If you can find a manual, take the e46.

I dunno, i just like it more.

Flickr

Comment

yeah, i can see and agree with all of your guys points...but when i look at this.

i can't help but want one so badly. and yes, the STI swap would, in the end run me about that much.

motor + all electrical needs = about 6k. FULL drivetrain = 6k any odd pieces, labor, etc = the rest.

Comment

i like those subies and you don't see enough of them properly stanced, way too many "rally" enthusiasts when that just means people keep their stock suspension and call it rally. i wouldn't bother with the engine swap though, unless you could find a cheap complete donor car and do the swap yourself if you're mechanically inclined. i think it would be cheaper/better/easier to sell your car and buy a WRX and mod it to 300 crank HP.

ps: love your car, but not a fan of the sideskirts

Comment

I would just buy a 06 WRX with a 2.5 turbo in it. I had a 06 WRX and now a 04 STi and there isn't much difference except for the 5 vs. 6speed. The braking is nearly identical between the older 4 pots and the newer 4 pots. The engine response on the two is very similar also. You just get a better feel from the motor because the 6 speed is so close range, but the 5 speed is nice also. You will get more miles out of your tank, and boost likes taller gears sometimes. You just can't be as hard on the 5 speed.

The BMW would be dope, but I wouldn't see it being anything more than a nice daily. If you are looking for more power then you'll get a little bored with the BMW. A WRX with some boltons would put a smile on your face. I've had a number of BMW's myself also. They are definately a solid car and has all the goodies you'd expect. A subaru isn't made to wow you with interior design. It's more about the handling and engine.

Comment

Working...
                X