Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wow, a beer thread. Time to update it.

I gave Schneider-Weisse Original a shot.

I gotta say, it's a really good German wheat (imo). Really good flavour, no bad aftertaste, just clean and tasty from start to finish. Would buy again, as a wheat choice.

Brought this very hoppy English ale back from Thunder Bay.

This one too. Made in Ontario. Like other oatmeal stouts I've tried, it's really dark, and smokey with a distinctive oatey smell. Not super hoppy, pretty malty. Definitely a 'full' tasting beer.

Then I popped the cork on this Unibroue. It's very very light, and fairly sweet. Slight maltiness and nearly no bite at all. It's incredibly smooth.

I stopped in after work and picked up a Tree Brewery Pumpkin Ale, and a Half Pints Humulus Ludicrous ($$!).

I had this one while watching some TV. It's really strong. Yes, the percentage should give that away, but the alcohol taste is really prominent in this one. Moreso than other strong beers I've had. It's very thick and a little sickening to do the whole bottle in one sitting. Not the actual effect of the alcohol, but how it's presented in the flavour. It's like what I imagine Chambord would be like, as a beer. On the bright side (I guess), one bottle is like having four Coronas.

One night I hit upt Luxalune with my buddy (the Pub Fries are wicked) and tried the Steam Whistle Pilsner from Ontario. Damn good everyday beer in my opinion. I'd add it to the fridge roster if they carried it here. It's the third pilsner I've tried (first two being 'Pilsner' and Pisner Urquell which is delicious), and I'm thinking so far pilsners definitely outrank any lagers and cheap ales we have.

Then I tried Fort Garry Brewing Co.'s Munich Eisbock. Clearly I did not learn my lesson after the Dopplebock, as this is a strong beer to tackle. At least it's not a work night. Then again, the "EXTRA STRONG BEER" on the label was a clue.
    Rocking 9.5%, it's a heavy hitter and despite a pretty benign tasty smell, it comes on really strong on the first sip.
    For those who don't know, a doppelbock like the Treehouse Captivator is a strong malty lager. And an eisbock like this, is that lager's abusive daddy. Basically, an eisbock is made by freezing the beer and removing some of the water, because water is for pussies.
    That said though, it's not a bad tasting beer. A friend told me to expect a vaguely salty aspect to it, and I can see what he means. It's kind of like a toffee but not over-sweet. It doesn't have the pervasive 'sweetness' that turned me off the Captivator.

And it smells so damn good.

Comment

Still broke, still drinking broke beers.

Yuengling
      High Life
      Pabst

Did have a DogfishHead 120 minute the other day... pretty damn good.

Comment

anything wachusett i love.

all time favorite is:

but recently the imperial pumpkin is tickling my fancy:

Comment

Novelty ale wise I can never pass up a Dirty Blonde from brewdog. ;D

Originally posted by Jersh
          RT changes lives.

Comment

I've been making my own pale ales and such this past year. fun activity. Need to start trying to make wine next
            11 CTS-V
            03 Lightnng SOLD
            2006 stage3 WRX SOLD
            91 MR2 Turbo SOLD

Comment

Kalik and Kalik Gold

Or the always classic Budweiser

Comment

Only one lager for me > Stella!

Comment

Not sure if this has been posted yet...

Comment

I love shock top...but now really feelin landshark

Comment

Originally posted by KürBFèéleR View Post
                      I love shock top...but now really feelin landshark
                      Yes! my roommates and I picked up a case a week ago for ~$21 out the door. not bad considering coors/bud/cl/bl and all $20 around here

Comment

I actually took a tour of the Yeungling plant recently, it was pretty fun and I would recommend it to any one in Tampa

Comment

Originally posted by the brain View Post
                          Not sure if this has been posted yet...
                          Shocktop is one of the few you guys have posted that we actually have up here. I always suspected it would be too orangey though. Am I on the mark?

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
                            I actually took a tour of the Yeungling plant recently, it was pretty fun and I would recommend it to any one in Tampa
                            I was very surprised to see Tampa a a location for a yuengling brewery. I figured they would keep it a PA thing. Somewhat upsetting.

Comment

Stone anything. Toured their brewery for my 21st and got slightly wasted from wayyy too many flights of delicious beer.

Just finished off a Double Bastard right now... big fan.

Favorite is their 2011 Belgo Anise IRS though... <3

Comment

Originally posted by sacrifice View Post
                                I was very surprised to see Tampa a a location for a yuengling brewery. I figured they would keep it a PA thing. Somewhat upsetting.
                                They have a location in Tampa? What is this blasphemy?

Comment

Working...
                                X