Mods you "****" for dumb reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbo 3.8L e21 View Post
    maybe they don't want to block their Intercooler?
    I still don't like it, but its more justifiable in that case. Mazda3 (not speed) owners move them all the time though.. for no reason at all.

I like em dropped.

Comment

I absolutely **** when people put super wide tires on stock or narrow wheels for the sake of "performance"

example, wrx owners with 255's on the stocks etc.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

I can't stand those pep boys stick on fender vents. Also, cant seem to understand the mangled front plate look that seems to be popular on the east coast.

Comment

Originally posted by NELSON09 View Post
          I can't stand those pep boys stick on fender vents. Also, cant seem to understand the mangled front plate look that seems to be popular on the east coast.
          The bent plates are a bosozoku thing, generally. Speed/Hoon camera avoidance tactic.

I think it's quite illegal, at least here in Maryland, and I've never actually seen anyone doing it on the street, and yet everyone seems to do it in photo shoots. I sincerely hope idiots aren't bending their license plates up just to take internet pictures, but people have done stranger things.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/u...file/

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
            The bent plates are a bosozoku thing, generally. Speed/Hoon camera avoidance tactic.

I think it's quite illegal, at least here in Maryland, and I've never actually seen anyone doing it on the street, and yet everyone seems to do it in photo shoots. I sincerely hope idiots aren't bending their license plates up just to take internet pictures, but people have done stranger things.
            Aaah, thanks for the insight...kinda reminds me of little poser skater kids that used to get a brand new pair of skate shoes and cut wear marks on the sides/tops so it looked like they'd been skating hard core

Comment

OT but I don't like it when "mod" is used as the abreviated version of "modification". When spoken it sounds stupid. "Sweet mod bro!" "Wooooahhh, check out that sick mod" "Damn man, your car mods are off the chain".

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

^Ditto

Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
                ^^it also depends on what stock is...

This is what stock is for me. I'm waiting to get a 5 lug swap and wheels on the same time, and then spin the coils further down.
                Last edited by RedE46Bimmer; 06-04-2010, 02:10 PM.
                -Brandon-

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
                  OT but I don't like it when "mod" is used as the abreviated version of "modification". When spoken it sounds stupid. "Sweet mod bro!" "Wooooahhh, check out that sick mod" "Damn man, your car mods are off the chain".
                  To be fair, "Sweet modification brother!" would sound dumb as well... unless Hulk Hogan is talking to you. Sometimes I will speak in abbrevs just to change it up a little

...but I completely understand your point. However, I would rather deal with abbreviations than misused words.

Comment

I ****:
                    huge space ship wings on any car especially FWD.
                    ricey car or "mexi" cars (sorry to offend anyone that is of hispanic descent) I just think I looks trash and way too over the top.
                    "DUBBED" out cars with white kids driving
                    some carbon fiber modifications, some are okay, but most way too tacky
                    Time Attack wheels
                    CCW wheels, more played then RS

Comment

• -HID bulbs on stock 'scatter' style headlights
                      -altezza or clear style rear lights, or smoked out rear lights
                      -fart can exhaust
                      -big subs that have a super rattly trunk
                      -when people take off their hubcaps and just run steel wheels
                      -when people have huge bling wheels but tiny ass stock silver calipers
                      -tow hooks on cars that will never be tracked or autox'd
                      -when people drive super reclined like they can barely reach the steering wheel
                      -putting 19" wheels on a car that looks best with 16"
                      -everyone who jumps on the bandwagon of pedobear stickers or similar products, just cuz everyone else is doing it.
                      -4 or 5 point harnesses bolted straight down to the floorpan
                      -carbon fibre everything, and usually faded clearcoat
                      -how everyone puts a "type-R" badge on everything, no mattery what vehicle it is
                      -neon or multi coloured LED lights, inside or outside of the car
                      -airbags
                      -so much camber that you have to change your tires everytime you change your oil
                      -trailer queens
                      -those chrome chainlink steering wheels that lowrider cars use
                      -when people put stupid body kits on old cavaliers or sunfires or essencially worthless cars
                      -when other cars headlights or tail lights or side vents (m3) are used on a different car. usually a honda.
                      -chrome wheels
                      -lambo doors

there's more but i'll stop for now..

**edit** gotta add the ccw classics on there. its a beautiful wheel but in the last month, EVERY CAR is rolling on them.

Comment

• ebay Altezza tailights, fart cannons, and stickers from things like intakes and spark plug wires (AEM, K&N, Flowmaster, etc.)

Comment

• -any black wheels with chrome lips.
                          -people who match the color of their dashboard to the exterior of the car.
                          -smoked tails.
                          -any sticker with the word JDM in it.
                          -Soshinoya & Koleshiya stickers.
                          -Rusted hoods
                          -black tape over the headlights.

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick_irwin View Post
                            I ****:
                            CCW wheels, more played then RS
                            I **** people saying certain wheels are "played." Look around your area, how many cars can you count with CCWs or BBS RSs bc I can guarantee it's not like the internet where it seems like everyone has them

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                            Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

• ^Kinda agree with that

Don't know if it's been posted already but people putting Legit wheel centercaps on fakes. If you can't buy legit don't fake it, be proud of what you got like Katt Williams said.

Comment

• I **** people who **** RSs.

I **** them enough to Ban them.

Comment

Working...
                                X