No announcement yet.

Mods you "****" for dumb reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree completely. But there are those people who are like I want wheels first then drop because being dropped and on stock wheels "looks cheap".
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
      When people move there front license plate from the middle to the side of the bumper.
      maybe they don't want to block their Intercooler?

......... 3.8L V6 + T04Z + 15psi + e85 = 500rwhp - 10sec 1/4 mile - Hopefully .........

Comment

Originally posted by prodigee View Post
        I agree completely. But there are those people who are like I want wheels first then drop because being dropped and on stock wheels "looks cheap".
        either way it looks cheap...
        My wheels have been sitting in my room for sooooooo long just waiting for the M3 to get low!

Shouldn't be too long now

Comment

The 240 is dropped on stock wheels. I don't care if it looks cheap hahahaha
          -Brandon-

Comment

^^it also depends on what stock is...

Comment

like this:

blehhh
              feia0303
              - "s t e v e n" -

Comment

Originally posted by RedE46Bimmer View Post
                The 240 is dropped on stock wheels. I don't care if it looks cheap hahahaha
                My bimmers been dropped on stocks for over a year now, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JSanders View Post
                  My bimmers been dropped on stocks for over a year now, lol.
                  samee. but i switch off on friends' wheels once in a while.
                  feia0303
                  - "s t e v e n" -

Comment

1. Wheels but no suspension. Barf.
                    2. Huge wings on a car that doesn't hit the track. Double barf.
                    3. Europlates/JDM plates on a NA car. I like euro bumpers and trunks, but the plates. Ugh.
                    4. Retarded fart cans on any car. Euro, jdm, american, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by JVC View Post

The other thing I **** is the way that MK4's rear wheel moves forward in the wheel arch when slammed, don't get me wrong, I love MK4's and would love to own a slammed one but it just looks off when the tire is almost slammed into the front edge of the wheel well and there is like a foot of gap on the back.

-John
                      holy piss this. if someone took the time and slammed one and centered the wheel it would look amazing. and only them and a few others would know how much work it was for something subtle like that. which to me makes a car truely unique. i guess its me being raised around hot rods and customs where they would always do little things like that yet no one would know except a few people who knew what they were looking at.
                      Allen
                      flickr / Twitter/Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by prodigee View Post
                        Drop > wheels

oh man I haven't looked at this shot for about three years now, makes me sick I did that
                        -George
                        flickr

Comment

Mods that I simply don't like eh?

Two immediately come to mind.

-Roof racks on cars where the owner bought the rack just to be trendy, and will likely never attach a bicycle/luggage to it.

-Sticker bombed front lips. First few times I saw it them I didn't mind it and even thought it was somewhat unique. Now, everyone and their mother has done it......and people are even beginning to do it to really classy cars, which IMO takes away from certain cars. It was cool when no one else was doing it. Now it just seems silly/crowd follower.

No offense to anyone at all regarding those two statements. Just throwing in my two cents.
                          MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by abest521 View Post
                            holy piss this. if someone took the time and slammed one and centered the wheel it would look amazing. and only them and a few others would know how much work it was for something subtle like that. which to me makes a car truely unique. i guess its me being raised around hot rods and customs where they would always do little things like that yet no one would know except a few people who knew what they were looking at.
                            It's the torsion beam suspension, only way to alleviate it is to shift the beam back and MasonTech makes Great Plates which do that but they're engineered like shit and don't work on bagged cars. It's not the hardest thing to work around, but there are problems that arise from shifting the beam back to center it, plus a lot of VW guys like the look.

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
                            Mods that I simply don't like eh?

Two immediately come to mind.

-Roof racks on cars where the owner bought the rack just to be trendy, and will likely never attach a bicycle/luggage to it.

-Sticker bombed front lips. First few times I saw it them I didn't mind it and even thought it was somewhat unique. Now, everyone and their mother has done it......and people are even beginning to do it to really classy cars, which IMO takes away from certain cars. It was cool when no one else was doing it. Now it just seems silly/crowd follower.

No offense to anyone at all regarding those two statements. Just throwing in my two cents.
                            YES, I agree with both, very well said

Oh, and lowered with stock wheels >>>>>>>> stock height with even the most awesome wheels in the world. **** that shit too

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                            Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Fixies on cars at meets purely for the pose factor

Use it ya c&*(

Comment

I despise any sort of stick-on or otherwise nonfunctional scoop, vent, duct, or whatnot.

Particularly those plastic stick-on bits that you buy at autozone that people plaster all over their cars. I can't figure out what the point is, they have to know that it looks like garbage.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/u...file/

Comment

Working...
                                X