Mods you "****" for dumb reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
    I know what you're saying, but to me, taking something meant for another car and using it on your own is what car modding roots are based in. I'm all for people using other make's wheels. However, I also know what you mean about things getting played out pretty quick. Sawblades blew up fast, and I get it, they do look cool, but I would much rather be giving C&C to someone with wheels no one's seen on a certain type of car. People are always going to follow trends, but a trend needs a trend setter, why not "you"? I was really surprised that people who are into sawblades haven't littered the forum with other 'vette wheels, just to see what looks good...
    i agree. my boy "balleur" did vette wheels on his e36. when he did it i hadnt seen too many wit it done. me n him have talked bout doin somethin diff wit vette wheels. would be pricey but i think would look raw. get all 4 fronts from a c5 z06. i love thee way those wheels look specially in gunmetal finish
    DSDone

Comment

im putting some salad shooters on my car soon, but those have been done alot by VW dudes too. im thinking of painting them in the zender style though...
      *CLICKY*add us on the facebook
      blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

Dildo style Gear Knobs

......... 3.8L V6 + T04Z + 15psi + e85 = 500rwhp - 10sec 1/4 mile - Hopefully .........

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo 3.8L e21 View Post
          Dildo style Gear Knobs
          but those are multipurpose!

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Originally posted by dc5tunerx View Post
            i know im gonna get ***** for this but i dont care

im getting tired of seeing bbs rs's everywhere i look
            AGREED! x3252572547 and rusting just one body panel
            Last edited by airkooled; 06-03-2010, 11:58 AM.
            Join the dark side:The Boog Build Thread

Comment

AMG Monoblocks.

Originally posted by checkmate2006
              SPOCK your so young errr are you Sulu

Comment

[RANT]I am tired of people just talking out of their ass about how great their car is, when in reality its a heap. I don't care if you have "plans" or not, a stock WRX is NOT better than a STi for example. Or just being plain ignorant to other people's cars because its not their car, and wants everyone to focus their attention on them.

I am also sick of people only talking about their car, or every time when someone posts about another car, they find a way to fit their car into it.

I know those aren't "mods" but, there a lot of people out there who do those things, who "mod" cars. And it just straight up pisses me off. [/RANT]
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

When people move there front license plate from the middle to the side of the bumper.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by geoffafa View Post
                    i might get knocked for this. but I'm not a fan of carbon fiber. I have a cf lip on my trunk which im dieing to paint (no $$ right now). Street cars with CF hoods look out of place. I learned my lesson because well, my hood is carbon, but I have it painted. I thought it was cool two years ago, but that fad went out quick for me. If your gonna use the carbon for weight reduction for track purposes, go right ahead. but a stock 3500 lbs car with a cf hood isnt going to change anything.

although, i'd like to get proved wrong.
                    x99986754221346758955549! I **** carbon fiber with a passion!

Originally posted by UglyButNotFake View Post
                    I prefer this:

I love the Dart Izumi exhaust sooo much!!! I want to fab up a similar looking exhaust for my E46.

Carbon fiber, ugly exhausts, and unecessary wings are my 3 no-no's.
                    -Brandon-

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantian View Post
                      Image too big: http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/8233/90609266.jpg

But DTM rectangle tips looks oh-so-hot..
                      I definitely have to disagree.

Comment

Disagree, RSs will never get old

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo 3.8L e21 View Post
                          Dildo style Gear Knobs
                          Originally posted by cabezzz View Post
                          Disagree, RSs will never get old
                          Both of these.

-Dan

Comment

Not really a "mod" but every time I see a grenade gloves sticker I die a little bit inside. It doubles if it's on an sti. Which is every ten feet where I live. And spray painted wheels take on a whole new level of annoying when you mount tires for a living and people complain when the paint "chips"
                            If your having stance problems I feel bad for you son.

Comment

I'd like to see less rusted body panels and roof racks.

Ghetto mods are the worst. Portholes in the fenders and chrome trim around every body seem looks terrible. These cars usually have a shitty tint job with bubbles all throughout the back window.

I do like good wheel fitment (flush without excessive stretch), the other day I saw the complete opposite of this. It was an E46 with a set of cheap ass 20" wheels that were probably 7" wide with a +42mm offset. This car looks ridiculous from the back. On stilts and hellasunk.

Comment

i **** seeing a clean car with nice wheels, but no drop. a ton of people go to the route of wheels before drop, and i don't get it. no matter how ballin' your wheels are, i still wont like your car if it doesn't have a drop.

might just be me
                                feia0303
                                - "s t e v e n" -

Comment

Working...
                                X