Mods you "****" for dumb reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
    All windows tinted or no tint look best.

I miss my front tints
    I will agree on that, my Jeep has tinted windows from the factory, but not the fronts... Something in me won't let me have factory tint and aftermarket tint together...

Comment

• "JDM hood tilt"
      Altezza's
      Any aluminum "bleacher seat" wing
      Any airbrushing of any picture on any car.
      Any flames on any car newer than 1970
      Roof scoops on a car that has never seen a race event.
      Steamroller wheels on a car with no power.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

• I **** black grilles and angel eyes on any BMW.
        Also any car with glossy black standard wheels.
        Plenty of other obvious things but those things bug me.

Comment

• Yeah stock wheels painted black are dumb. It is mainly done by people who are mod-bored and want a different look without forking out the wheel & tire money.

Comment

• I don't like cars that aren't low.

Comment

• I don't like cracked windshields.

Comment

• I dislike cars in their stock form.

Comment

• this is not just a thread to complain about things you don't like, this is a thread where you are supposed to have an open mind. Black wheels in general have already been covered. Don't post a list of modifications that you have valid arguments for, this is not the place for that.

One of the things that I personally do not like is too many unrelated stickers. If I'm going to put a sticker or decal on my car it either needs to about cars, like the S|W banner, or something that is fairly neutral like a college decal or something.

Now, the way that this should work would be for someone to post a nice car with a sticker-bombed lip or something, and then there would be a discussion on the validity of that modification. Then I would probably agree that on some cars stickers and decals do work, but on some they don't. I remember a MB that had a sticker bombed lip and it stirred up that conversation. I came away with the thought that sticker bombing is for cars that aren't serious and are perhaps budget cars. Then someone would post a car with stickers that clearly didn't work, then someone would post a car that has tasteful decals.

That is how this thread should work...

Comment

• Probably already mentioned in the thread, but I still don't get ov8rly stretched out tires just to fit much wider wheels. I understand a mild stretch, but running like a 185 tire on a 9" wide wheel is beyond me. I know it works, just seems so unsafe and I think it looks dumb.

do not want
                    94 Saturn SW2 - T3s60 7psi, slammed, daily driven
                    94 Saturn SC2 - T3/T4, 13.4 @107 mph, built motor coming soon
                    --MegaSquirt user--

Comment

• Plaid wrapped interior items (headliners, pillars, etc).

Comment

• Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
                        this is not just a thread to complain about things you don't like, this is a thread where you are supposed to have an open mind. Black wheels in general have already been covered. Don't post a list of modifications that you have valid arguments for, this is not the place for that.

One of the things that I personally do not like is too many unrelated stickers. If I'm going to put a sticker or decal on my car it either needs to about cars, like the S|W banner, or something that is fairly neutral like a college decal or something.

Now, the way that this should work would be for someone to post a nice car with a sticker-bombed lip or something, and then there would be a discussion on the validity of that modification. Then I would probably agree that on some cars stickers and decals do work, but on some they don't. I remember a MB that had a sticker bombed lip and it stirred up that conversation. I came away with the thought that sticker bombing is for cars that aren't serious and are perhaps budget cars. Then someone would post a car with stickers that clearly didn't work, then someone would post a car that has tasteful decals.

That is how this thread should work...
                        I think it's more fun to complain.
                        Originally posted by redciv1
                        Style 5's and E36's are like Civic's and Rota's, just looks good.
                        Originally posted by Francois Dillinger
                        Would you wear skechers with an armani suit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shade View Post
                          I think it's more fun to complain.
                          It may be, but that is not the original intent of this thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
                            It may be, but that is not the original intent of this thread...
                            I **** shoes placed in wheel lips...

Comment

• Originally posted by iliescu View Post
                              I **** shoes placed in wheel lips...
                              It is a fairly easy modification to fix though, in fact, after seeing how my shoe looked while placed in a wheel lip I promptly removed it. I keep the picture as my avatar to remind myself of the mistakes I've made while modifying my car to other peoples' tastes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander View Post
                                Plaid wrapped interior items (headliners, pillars, etc).

While I don't think I would mind it for a show car, I don't think I could handle it for a daily...

Comment

Working...
                                X