Newcomer needs some help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcomer needs some help !

Because my english is pretty basic it's hard 4 me to understand some topics because off the "special" terms used all around. Digging through quit some fora it's getting even harder because it seems that not everybody uses the right terms.....

So if somebody could give me some help with it I would be very pleased

1. Stanced. Does it only means lowered or does it include more?
    2. Tuck. Stretched tyres???
    3. Poke. No idea....
    4. Flush. Something with wheels/fenders but what it exactly means....

I hope somebody takes a few minutes 2 help me out

1. Stanced: Lowered with better wheels, with good fitment.
    2. Tuck: Literally means you are tucking tire/wheel, the tire/wheel is covered by the fender and "tucked" under there.
    3. Poke: Wheel and tire are poking past the fender.
    4. Flush: Wheel is flush or even with the fender.
    5. Tire Stretch: Tire is stretched on a wider wheel than what its supposed to be on, makes getting good fitment much easier. Go to tyrestretch.com for good examples.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Thank you very very much, that clears a lot !!

Just one more question left, if flush means that the wheel is even with the fender, what means hella flush? Extreme flush??
      Last edited by Wezel; 06-02-2010, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Hellaflush is just a saying, really its not different than flush. Some people say its when you are flush with lots of camber so it sits like this, // \\
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by prodigee View Post
          3. Poke: Wheel and tire are poking past the fender.
          not necessarily tire and wheel. i poke wheel and tuck tire. just something has to stick out past the fender

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Yeah I meant to put a slash there hahah my bad. I love tucked tire, poked wheel look soooo fresh.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

almost as fresh as meatpoke

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Hellaflush is just a saying, really its not different than flush. Some people say its when you are flush with lots of camber so it sits like this, // \\
                Ok, but when you have a lot of negative camber, the wheel isn't in one line with the fender anymore, so that's no flush ???

I think I get what you mean with poke and tuck. The rim can poke out, while the stretched tyre is tuck under the fender

Comment

it doesn't have to be "inline" with the fender, just the lip of the wheel has to sit even with the edge of the fender.

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Just the top of the wheel lip has to be in line. That's all that is really required to be flush.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

exactly.

i think he was thinking of "suraichi" or whatever it is that the vip guys are into. where the fenders are pulled and the wheels are cambered to flow with the fenders.

www.effineuro.com

Comment

I was always under the impression that "hellaflush" was a saying that means "poke"

The original goal was flushness? but people push the limits for "hellaflushness"

someone has a signature with it diagrammed out I believe

Comment

Just the top of the wheel lip has to be in line. That's all that is really required to be flush.

Thanks I get it !!

Comment

Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
                            I was always under the impression that "hellaflush" was a saying that means "poke"

The original goal was flushness? but people push the limits for "hellaflushness"

someone has a signature with it diagrammed out I believe
                            "hella" is equivalent to a bunch of something, an excess, a ton, a lot, whatever.

Its similar to saying superflush. It doesn't take it past flush. Its just smaller parameters that define flushness.

But really its just a name, not a unit of flush measurement.

Comment

Ok, but tuck and flush. Is that the same then?

Comment

Working...
                              X