Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you guys start out in the STANCE ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you guys start out in the STANCE ?

So like in a previous post i said that i have yet to get adrivers license but i really want to start with my first car ( witch i have no idea what its gonna be ) but anyways how did you guys start out what were your first modifications in terms of stance ? What were you working or were you savingfor those lets say wheels ? Just interested and maybay you can give me a heads up on what to start with

Originally posted by TINOM View Post
    So like in a previous post i said that i have yet to get adrivers license but i really want to start with my first car ( witch i have no idea what its gonna be ) but anyways how did you guys start out what were your first modifications in terms of stance ? What were you working or were you savingfor those lets say wheels ? Just interested and maybay you can give me a heads up on what to start with
    My first stance car is my 7series

I knew i wanted a big body. And it had to be black on black.

Went to some dealers saw this 745i i said fuck it and pulled the trigger i knew i wanted brand wheels 22s so i had money left over and the next day ordered some asanti 22s and that was my only goal.....well that got old fast. Decided air suspension. Afterbthat was installed i started ****** it because i was having propblems. I got pissed off and ordered coilovers and now my suspension is built and my car is damn near no where near functional. Lol... But it is the lowest 7 static with 22x10s and 22x12.5s that still seats 5 people if not in my state definatly in the nation until someone else proves me wrong. Thats how i started in stance. I had no idea or help a lot of youtube and forums.
    Like_ay_sir

Comment

Hellaflush forums is when I started with what stance is today. All my cars have been low though. Since the 90's. It's just been the thing to do. But, back then, the only thing that sat on the ground were trucks on hydraulics. There was really no other way to do it without cutting up your ride. But, I remember seeing new cars come in on trucks, tied down, looking slammed, and always said "oh wow. that looks good. too bad I can't afford hydraulics". Right around the whole "hellaflush" movement (which also started the "real wheels" vs "fake wheels" argument) people started cutting springs. That made your car ride like shit. I wasn't a fan of it. Then, coil overs became HUGE. Then bags were like 8grand...and now everything's cool. It's a good time.
      stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

i'd started lurking on stanceworks blog and the forums in 2010 or so, when it was still really hyped. But around that period it wasn't really popular in the netherlands yet. A year later i got my lincese and bought myself a car, the saxo. didn't know shit about cars (only scooters). you just get to work at it, and learn as you go. always start with suspension and after that figure out what wheel size works for you. those are probably the basics.

dont haste things, and make up your mind what you wanna do with the car before you spend your well earned money. better parts obviously cost more as well obviously.

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
        "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

It started for me when I put bigger wheels under the W124, but ended up looking like a donk on stock springs.
          So then I started looking in lowering the car. Which, being a googler, ended up here on stanceworks.
          Now, some five years later, I'm a moderator of the forum. Never would have thought about that

FYI, I still don't know shit about this stancy-thing. I just happen to have some extra "abilities" now
          Last edited by loekaaz; 03-16-2016, 10:21 AM.
          Lucas
          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
          Originally posted by LCG
          High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Working...
          X