Help me decide on a hooptie to drive across the county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decide on a hooptie to drive across the county

Sup guys, me and a friend this summer want to drive from south florida to la, then to idaho and up into canada, then back to south florida. Total will be around 8,500 mile round trip, and we want to do in in a car that costs less than 1000$, preferably 6-700. Any suggestions as to cheap stuff that'll run ok? We want something pretty nasty so we can beat it up and not care, wanna make a roof rack outta 2x4s and bolt it straight to the roof, strip it and pour beer on it to make it rust, bozo pipes, etc. Completely rice it out. Been checkin out old diesel mercedes', e34s and ratty e36's (would spend 2-300 on coil packs, cooling system, etc.), but would love to hear suggestions from you guys.
    2016 WRX
    E39s are forever in my heart.

Why not some old suburban/tahoe and literally go cross country
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Because mad scene points are more important!
      OP, you are asking for a very reliable 80s-90s european car for $700, correct?
      Maybe you can find a pre 93 w124

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
        Because mad scene points are more important!
        OP, you are asking for a very reliable 80s-90s european car for $700, correct?
        Maybe you can find a pre 93 w124
        Yessir lol

hmm.

also found this but it's tiny, would rather a big boat of a merc... also found a long wheelbase e38 740 or two but they're all at around 140k and that's right when the tc guides decide that they're bored of life and fail.

also cruise control and ac is a must as death valley is one of the waypoints.
        Last edited by extra_slick; 02-16-2016, 06:50 PM.
        2016 WRX
        E39s are forever in my heart.

Comment

Benz would get my vote too. But "needs work" and then not specifying it, means it's probably a big turd.
          Lucas
          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
          Originally posted by LCG
          High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Working...
          X