No announcement yet.

Define "daily driven".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO, the key to keeping a DD clean/nice is where it's parked most of the time. If you garage it daily & your place of work has a parking garage with co-workers that aren douches (don't ding your car with their doors)...It's quite possible to keep your DD very nice. Next is general road conditions of the routes you normally "drive daily". Lastly, IMHO a DD doesn't need to be driven daily but if it's getting over 12k miles anually, it's a DD IMHO.

Edit: One more thing...If it never/rarely snows where you live, the chances of keeping it nice are increased.
    German Engineering, Astounding Ingenuity, Over 9 Decades of Conceptual Continuity

Comment

my shits daily driven, my only car, got it new has 40k now. Takes me to school, and work and were ever else i need to go. It hits bumps, pot holes, dead animals etc etc. Ive had my tranny replaced twice (not me lol) ive had the usual were and tear and only now is it seeing a garage thanks to the house im renting with friends in college. Shit is daily driven with only 2 threads left up front and everything out in the rear all the way down.

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingCG2 View Post
        My accords a daily. I think I put close to 20,000 miles on it in under 2 years. 80% of them in the summer though.
        Damn, thats awesome. I put 33k on mine the first year
        Last edited by OSSHWA; 08-01-2009, 07:21 PM.
        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

DD here, the only time it sees the inside of a garage is when theres work being done. It takes me to work, to school, in the rain, hail, and summer heat. It sees it all.

160k+ on the clock too!

Comment

Originally posted by KMFDM28 View Post
            IMHO, the key to keeping a DD clean/nice is where it's parked most of the time. If you garage it daily & your place of work has a parking garage with co-workers that aren douches (don't ding your car with their doors)...It's quite possible to keep your DD very nice. Next is general road conditions of the routes you normally "drive daily". Lastly, IMHO a DD doesn't need to be driven daily but if it's getting over 12k miles anually, it's a DD IMHO.

Edit: One more thing...If it never/rarely snows where you live, the chances of keeping it nice are increased.
            Exactly why my car has gotten beat to shit It's outside 24/7 and I live in an apartment complex with tiny parking spaces.

Comment

I have a dirt driveway and no garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                Exactly why my car has gotten beat to shit It's outside 24/7 and I live in an apartment complex with tiny parking spaces.
                LOL me too. Outside 24/7. Some of my apt parking spaces are FTW though but the neighborhood kids sit on it & throw shit at it. FML One of these days, some kids are gonna go missing...

The white ford van along with a few others (not shown) are on my "Do not park next to" list. That's why I'm parked like that.
                Last edited by KMFDM28; 08-01-2009, 10:31 PM.
                German Engineering, Astounding Ingenuity, Over 9 Decades of Conceptual Continuity

Comment

My 535 is my daily driver. Bought it in October, 2007 with 240,132 miles and it has about 289k on it now. Since January 1, I've put 19k on it. It's a good-looking car, but it has a ton of rock chips, etc and it wasn't perfect when I bought it, so it has it's share of dings. It disappoints me with how it looks often, but at the same time, I don't have to feel as though I need to stay with it at all times. That said, I'm very careful. There are a lot of daily drivers that look nearly immaculate. I think a lot of it comes down to how you care for your car. Also, some folks don't have to go anywhere - like Dylan.

Comment

my STI is daily driven...

I drive up from LA to SF nearly every month. It's been through a few Vegas trips, and I drive it to work everday (which luckily is close). I also have a 2nd car that I put some of the extra miles on when I don't feel like adding another 1k from a LA to SF trip.

Comment

my IS300 is my daily..and only car

wake up, drive to work, 9 miles there and back, drive to friends houses, drive to school, 15 miles there and back, drove it all through the winter as well, chicago winters as well.

ive owned the car for a year, bought it with 64k miles on it and now it has 83k miles on it now

that to me is a daily driver
                      Dope Shit - http://dasis300.wordpress.com/

Fan page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cool-C...?v=wall&ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by KMFDM28 View Post
                        LOL me too. Outside 24/7. Some of my apt parking spaces are FTW though but the neighborhood kids sit on it & throw shit at it. FML One of these days, some kids are gonna go missing...

The white ford van along with a few others (not shown) are on my "Do not park next to" list. That's why I'm parked like that.
                        Damn there are some nice spots in there! There is a 15 passenger white van in my parking lot that I try to avoid as well. He ALWAYS backs it in and the parking spaces are barely wider than the width of the van! Makes me so nervous when I see that van parked next to my car.

Comment

Originally posted by JSanders View Post
                          I have a dirt driveway and no garage.
                          I lived off a dirt road a few years ago. Holy shit that sucked. I would spend 2 hours cleaning my car, and then creeeeeep down the road to avoid getting it dirty.....but right as i'd be coming up to the end of it.........something......like a UPS truck for instance.....would come barreling down the road and kick up a huge dust cloud..........which would all stick to my freshly washed/waxed car.
                          MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by wkohler View Post
                            My 535 is my daily driver. Bought it in October, 2007 with 240,132 miles and it has about 289k on it now. Since January 1, I've put 19k on it. It's a good-looking car, but it has a ton of rock chips, etc and it wasn't perfect when I bought it, so it has it's share of dings. It disappoints me with how it looks often, but at the same time, I don't have to feel as though I need to stay with it at all times. That said, I'm very careful. There are a lot of daily drivers that look nearly immaculate. I think a lot of it comes down to how you care for your car. Also, some folks don't have to go anywhere - like Dylan.
                            I agree that it has to do with how one takes care of the car.
                            I drove my old M3 daily (work, friends, roadtrips, cruising, etc...) for 8 months one year, due to lack of a "daily"... But it wasn't really all that much fun in the long run. Keeping more distance between me and other cars, washing it down all the time, ****** to take it out in bad weather. And of course the total lack of ride height (pic to illustrate), made me realise that I needed another ride aswell. Massive props to those who do drive a hardcore daily, but in the long run it's not for me.

|Proper stance and stretch = An acquired taste|

Comment

to me, daily driver suggests you have another car strictly for racing/show/sunny days. so if you have one car, its not your daily driver, its your car.

Comment

my daily driver is a 77 celica or a 89 supra turbo. LOL

audi will be the garage queen

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X