Do you fuss over your cars milage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KyleAnderson View Post
    I have to tell myself to not care. With as unusual as my car is, it pains me a bit to rack up the miles, but it's still just a car.

We only take my car out of the city because my wife's car is older and has a lot more miles... not that I want to take a tuned econobox with solid motor mounts very far anyway; that shit gets annoying.

Put another 100 miles on mine last weekend, including several miles of gravel roads. Put that clear bra to work!
    I daily a car with solid mounts. You barely even notice it after a couple weeks
    IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

Originally posted by drift55 View Post
      Eh, not really. My Mercedes is low miles for a '96 so I like to keep them lower but I don't hesitate to drive it. My S14 and MK5 are whatever, I'll drive them to the sun and back. I like driving too much to care and I don't want to waste time driving boring stuff.
      Life is too short to drive boring cars. Plus if I die in a car wreck, it will be in a ride that I loved.

If you don't look back at your car when walking away, you've bought the wrong car!
      Last edited by DER E30; 09-25-2015, 11:25 AM.
      -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
      '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
      '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

A little bit. I want to keep my car as good as I can, for as long as I can. I bought a daily last year which covers most of my current driving and I couldn't care less how many miles that thing gets. I guess i'm a little conservative because the fact that good E36 Tourings are getting harder to come by. In saying that, I drove it 500 miles with no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
          Life is too short to drive boring cars. Plus if I die in a car wreck, it will be in a ride that I loved.

If you don't look back at your car when walking away, you've bought the wrong car!
          Absolutely! We. All. Love. Cars. So go out and love your cars, ya feel? It's like buying beautiful vacation homes and never visiting them because you don't want to get it dusty and wear out the couch cushions so you spend your whole life in a trailer.

Also, if I crash and die in a boring car I'll kill myself

Comment

I care.

My current tune is prem only, and I'm pushing my turbo beyond it's efficiency level. The more I drive, the more it costs. My puny baby 13t hits peak boost at around 2400 rpm. At 80mph in 6th I'm sitting at around 3400, and as soon as I hit a hill I'm holding 22psi all the way up it. Not to mention my injectors are well past 90% duty cycle at WOT. If I do drive long distances I do so very carefully and try to stay out of boost whenever possible. I only really get on it when someone plays speed racer next to me or behind me and needs to be put in their place.

Driving could equal a blown turbo, melted injectors, a blown engine, or a combination of the three. Oh yeah, expensive california gas too.
            Last edited by rice4life; 09-25-2015, 10:34 PM.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by drift55 View Post
              I daily a car with solid mounts. You barely even notice it after a couple weeks
              One of the mounts I replaced was fluid filled (popped 4 times, but won't happen again now), so every bit of that vibration channeled itself into trying to rattle the dash off. Props to my wife for putting up with it, but hey, she's the one that wanted a "fast" car.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleAnderson View Post
                One of the mounts I replaced was fluid filled (popped 4 times, but won't happen again now), so every bit of that vibration channeled itself into trying to rattle the dash off. Props to my wife for putting up with it, but hey, she's the one that wanted a "fast" car.
                I'm straight-piped and I think my interior rattle is louder than my exhaust hahaha! It's wild! It's one of those things I never thought I'd ever do but I bought the car with them already installed and it's a blast

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                  I care.

My current tune is prem only, and I'm pushing my turbo beyond it's efficiency level. The more I drive, the more it costs. My puny baby 13t hits peak boost at around 2400 rpm. At 80mph in 6th I'm sitting at around 3400, and as soon as I hit a hill I'm holding 22psi all the way up it. Not to mention my injectors are well past 90% duty cycle at WOT. If I do drive long distances I do so very carefully and try to stay out of boost whenever possible. I only really get on it when someone plays speed racer next to me or behind me and needs to be put in their place.

Driving could equal a blown turbo, melted injectors, a blown engine, or a combination of the three. Oh yeah, expensive california gas too.
                  You could just, you know, build the car appropriately.
                  Originally posted by jplettuce
                  Not much just take care of it and your car can last you a long time....
                  My Prelude is a 198,000 mile testament to surviving abuse with the proper care.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I sort of care. I like knowing that my car has a number of miles below the average it should have. It just makes me feel good I guess. (2008 with 62k) It should technically have 84k-100k by now.

I'm not sure if I'm the right person to ask since I also buy the highest trim level and don't use any of the amenities besides power windows, seats, and sun roof. I've had that car for 30k miles and never used the seat warmers, heat, or a/c because my mum said the more technology I have in the car the more that could break and the more it costs to fix. So i just don't use it, that way it can't break.
                    Originally posted by projectmaxspeed
                    well i want to be different i could go for some vette saw blades

That destructo-ray is a played out gag, in the cape
                    and the pants suit lookin' like a straight out...Dag.

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                      You could just, you know, build the car appropriately.
                      It is built appropriately for what I need it for? I already overhauled the cooling system and installed a cooler thermostat, so that should help keep the turbo happy, no shaft play so far. Injectors are my main concern. I decided that I wasn't going to buy new injectors and get it tuned with the stock turbo. Thought I would max out what the factory had to offer and upgrade it all at once with quality parts.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

When I have a "newer" car, I'll admit I care a bit more. But on my cars that have 100K+ miles, NOPE!
                        '90 Miata - '91 300zx - '99 Accord
                        MotoCARR Instagram Facebook

Comment

Working...
                        X