No announcement yet.

Tow Trucks and you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few years ago I got pulled over the day after I got my car and had no insurance so they towed my car. the guy put it onto the flatbed really nice, even used 2x4's so the bumper wouldn't scrape

go pick up my car at the impound lot and my bumper was on top of the car and bottom of my radiator support was bent with my radiator sitting on the ground. I flipped out and they pointed to a sign that basically said they aren't responsible for anything that happens to the cars

Comment

2 flatbeds.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw View Post
        E30: 8
        e46: 0
        E46 FTW!!!

Comment

Never been on a tow truck with the e30, e28, e36 M3 or e36 328iC.

M3 has been on a trailer before...

Comment

I haven't had any with my old 140 but my E46 the alternator gave out in Warsaw a little town on the way back from Wilmington on I40. i was visiting my friends and it shitted out on the way home. I had to wait in a McDonalds parking lot for 3 1/2 hours for my dad to get there with a tow dolley. it was soo sketchy, it's one of those you have to back up on with just the two rear wheels and strap them down. This was the only time I'm thankfu; for not being low. the whole 3 1/2 hour car ride home i was like freakin out but it made it home safely thank goodness. and $350 dollars and a half hour later i put on the new alternator and tah-dah! But i still think i would have paid a shit load more for a flat bed or a tow truck to come get me. paying by the mile FTL. I think to rent that dolley from a local junk shop was like $20 or something.

And for those of you saying nevar you should def knock on wood or something it sucks lulz
            Last edited by RedE46Bimmer; 07-12-2009, 06:15 PM.
            -Brandon-

Comment

The Ho-balt has been on a flatbed once. 2 broken wheel studs, a bent wheel and a snapped SPC camber bolt. Fucking Richmond potholes.
              MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

0 - only had 1 car in like 10 years on a truck and it was because i blew the head, not the gasket but the actual head

Comment

0 so far but id be fucked if i had to

Comment

I know the local AAA drivers by name; I've lost count of the times.

Comment

Working...
                    X