Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorsport Fans?

Hey guys,

Now I'm sure some of you on here are keen motorsport fans.

So i just thought i would start a thread and let you all know a little bit about myself, i am a racing driver, i am current British GT4 Champion. I have been driving in a Ginetta G50 GT4 all year and i am looking to move up into GT3 next year.

It all started 5 years ago, i started racing in a series called SAXMAX, this basically a junior championship and all the cars are Citroen Saxo VTR's

I then moved up into the Ginetta Junior Championship, this is the highest level Junior Championship in the UK a support race the the British Touring Cars. I was driving a Ginetta G40 Junior, a pure built race car with a 1.8litre ford focus engine.

I stayed in this car for 3 years, moving up in to the senior category for 2011 and 2012, finishing 4th in my first year and 3rd in my second year in the championship with 4 wins.

Like i said this year i have been racing in British GT along with a few one off races in the Britcar Endurance Series.

So here is my Ginetta G40 when we first took delivery.

And here she is with my livery on.

for 2012 i wanted it to look bait meaner so we painted the wheel black chrome.

I have competed in 3 24hr races in the last two years and this was my first, as you can see its bait wet..

I competed in the Dubai 24hrs at the beginning of the year and below is the car i drove there, this is a shot from when i raced it at the nurburgring.

Same car as i have been driving this year, however the car i have been driving in British GT has a 3.7 litre cost worth v6 and the one i drove in dubai and nurburgring has a 3.5

The car i drove in Britcar is also a ginetta, its their latest model a G55, same engine etc just improved aerodynamics.

And that leaves us up to now, i have been testing ready for next year but nothing is confirmed yet! i have been testing a BMW Z4GT3

I hope you all enjoy reading through this, if its a hit ill keep posting with updates about next year etc.

Here is a link to my youtube channel, i regularly upload videos throughout the year on boards and video diarys etc.

Thanks for reading guys.

Welcome. It's nice to see another professional join the ranks of the Stance|Works community.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
      Welcome. It's nice to see another professional join the ranks of the Stance|Works community.
      another? do you think youre a professional racer?
      Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
        another? do you think youre a professional racer?
        LOL no.

There are other professionals on the board, I was stating that glad to see others joining.
        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
        Originally posted by Ollie
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

thanks man

Comment

^This; tremendous accomplishments so far mate! Definitely love the look of the Z4GT3, would be quite awesome if you landed that.
            1975 BMW 2002 : : 1977 BMW 320i : : 1983 BMW 320i

Comment

Yes, congrats on your so far success, i know racing is not an easy field. I race go karts but just as a hobby, thinking about pushing harder so it can atleast pay for itself.

@finalbossjosh

Comment

Originally posted by joshg51 View Post
                Yes, congrats on your so far success, i know racing is not an easy field. I race go karts but just as a hobby, thinking about pushing harder so it can atleast pay for itself.
                It will never happen making it pay for itself is like buying a new car and trying to sell it for a profit! its such an expensive sport!

Comment

i know... lol

@finalbossjosh

Comment

All the best of luck to you, Ryan! I myself raced go-karts before, but had to stop racing due to lack of funding/other extenuating circumstances.. and I am a huge motorsports fan . Congrats on your championship, and Wish all the best for your up-coming season! Hopefully you land the ride in the Z4 GT3!
                    -Alex

'97 DC4 - GS, Green on Old Man Tan. Low as poop, loud as Farooq

20140817_194828
                    by Alexander D.24, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm currently out in Abu Dhabi, driving in the Gulf 12 hours, have look at my instagram at a few pics from the track etc.

Comment

So last week I was out in Abu Dhabi Competing in the Gulf 12 Hours. First time I have ever been to the Yas Marina Circuit and I must say, what an awesome place!

I was driving here with the team I have been driving with all year Optimum Motorsport and we were driving my Championship winning Ginetta G50.

This Hotel was awesome, it changes colour all the time! its huge!

The exit from the pits was pretty cool too, we went under the tack..

This has got to be one of my Favourite shots from the race.

Well after a few problems with the car and then spending 15 mins in the pits sorting these problems out we managed to finish the race second in class.
                        Last edited by Ratcliffe33; 12-17-2013, 06:22 AM. Reason: Unfinished

Comment

congrats man that's a pretty good finish

@finalbossjosh

Comment

Originally posted by joshg51 View Post
                            congrats man that's a pretty good finish
                            Thank you mate!

Comment

On Board footage from Abu Dhabi on my Youtube Channel. Have a look!

Comment

Working...
                              X