Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes you want to keep your car?

My name is Kyle. And I have a problem.
    I'm 26 years old and have owned over 55 cars since I was 15.
    My biggest issue, aside from many, is that I always see potential in a car, regardless of what it is.
    I've had everything from bimmers and audis, to corollas and s13's even a few trucks.
    Now I own 2 Volvo 740 turbos.
    My daily/drift car has come a long way from the day I bought it. But something inside me just can't seem to enjoy it the way it is.
    It's plenty fast, looks badass, is unique, boosted, rear drive, etc.
    Everything I want. But still I find myself scouring Craigslist constantly for potential trades. It's slightly sad.
    Idk if its the lack of Aftermarket, lack of others who dare modify such a car to such an extent, or just the fact that deep down, I miss my s13 coupe.
    I'm wondering what makes you all love your car, and why you haven't given up hope on it. What drives you to keep it and keep building it?

A stanceworks front page feature.

No but for real, this car has sentimental value. And i want it to be 100% perfect to my taste. before i can think of selling it.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

i do the same thing. 6 cars in past year. i am always browsing CL for trades but i think, it needs to be totally perfect. i cant just trade my car for a pos. also. girlfriend will kill me if i keep trading.

IG: Nick475

Comment

Well first you are wrong about lack of aftermarket and people that modify 740 turbo or more specifically the b23/b230. Second you drive cars that are too new from what I have heard. When I drive newer cars (around 85 and up) I feel disconnected and just generally don't car about the car. It doesn't matter if it's fast or slow, Old cars are where it's at. My bmw and volvo are like parts of my body. The only way I would sell one is to save the life of someone close to me.
        Volvo Build Thread
        Bmw Build Thread
        Toyota Build Thread
        zanebonk instagram
        Tumblrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by DragginWagon View Post
          My biggest issue, aside from many, is that I always see potential in a car, regardless of what it is.
          Welcome to the curse of being a car guy.

I've had my Prelude since I was 19, and I couldn't ever see myself parting with it; short of some catastrophic event or emergency. This was the car that a lot of "firsts": first car I really "modified", first engine bay tuck, first complete teardown, first attempt at painting, first car I ever raced (autocross/drag racing/street racing), etc. My wife even wanted the car to be a part of our wedding, because it was part of the reason why she started hitting on me.

Truth is, you may never be completely satisfied, and that's just how it is. Chip away at the little things, keep doing little changes that make a big impact overall. Or, get a car that you can drive away from your project car for a few days a week. After driving my Accord for a week straight, my Prelude is a welcomed change of pace.
          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
          Originally posted by Ollie
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Car whore here as well, had way too many. This is the longest I have ever kept a car. I think because it is the only 4th gen camaro on air that I know of and it is paid off and no longer a daily like all my others were.

I get tons of dislike via the muscle car crowd online and others, but it puts a smile on my face whenever I drive it and the reaction it gets out in public is positive.

EDIT: After I typed this and walked away I immediately remembered the 1 other 4th gen camaro with air ride, but his is a completely different style (low rider, lots of billet and crazy pinstripes/designs/gold leaf)
            Last edited by Skraight.; 10-03-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I keep my 500 because I love it, and there's less than 10 in the US. The Camaro on the other hand, I'm close to ditching it. More problems than its worth.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
              And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                A stanceworks front page feature.

No but for real, this car has sentimental value. And i want it to be 100% perfect to my taste. before i can think of selling it.
                I thought you were talking about selling it in your thread tho

On topic tho for me I really love my car... its just a really solid overall ride. I think like jd power or some people gave my car (2001 530 sport) the best rating they've ever given a car.. so thats cool. Lots of other review people liked it alot too. its pretty practical, gets ok mileage, looks sexy as hell, goes ok and stops and corners really, really well. still easy to work on, still pretty modern and doesn't suck like newer bmws'

Like i see potential in every car, I'd love to own lots of cars and I kinda do but all around this is probably the perfect car for me, ill probably own it for as long as possible. Sure ill have other cars and trucks and shit but atleast I have one to stick to you know
                Last edited by Stupid Kid; 10-03-2013, 02:15 PM.

Comment

It's a uncommon car.., only 60k were ever made.

It's a convertible with 4 full seats, a usable trunk, a nice aftermarket,

a lot interchangeable parts with the GSI/Turbo version and i like it a lot...

And because i think spend more then 15k$ (only parts/stuff) on it

and wouldn't get anything near that if i'd sell it...

Comment

Im 25 and have have had 6. Still have 3 of them. I really want to sell my lincoln Lowrider but everytime I hit the switch and it goes Zeet zeet I change my mind haha.
                    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                    he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

if i had a town car lowrider as badass as yours it'd take me alot to sell it.

Comment

My girlfriend says I can't sell it because she likes it too much. So, I guess I'm stuck with it.

I sometimes wish I'd started with a cleaner car than ODB, would've made the build go a little faster if I wasn't constantly fixing things that wouldn't have been an issue on a more solid starting point.
                        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                        2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

That thing is sick^^
                          You all have inspiring words. I guess I just have to suck it up, get off my ass and spend some coin. There is a lot I want to do to the volv, just bound financially. It's gonna be put away for the winter here shortly, maybe that's my chance to get it goin.

Comment

No one wants to buy my car so I keep it.
                            IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
                              if i had a town car lowrider as badass as yours it'd take me alot to sell it.
                              first year back on the road this year since 2010, Its had alot of bugs to fix and definately a wallet drainer. Batteries that were only used for 1 season are now dieing and just ran out of warranty. $115 a piece x 8
                              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                              he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Working...
                              X