X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
    I look at it like this;

Worst case scenario: I take the course and get the certificate. It's only 24 credits, so even going to school part time (I'm thinking 2-3 classes a week tops based around my work schedule) means I can complete the course pretty quickly. My work pays for it regardless....so even it's all for nothing, i'm not really left to pick up the bill anyways. If I find that it was a total/complete waste of time.....i'm willing to bet that I can transfer some of those credits over towards an actual degree, go back to school and have my work continue to pay for my associates degree.

Mind you this is all sheer speculation and I appreciate all the feedback. Thing is....i'm just not in a position to realistically pursue a bachelors degree. At the pace I would have to take classes.....it would take me a gajillion years to complete a four year degree program....lol. I have been on my own since I was 19, I have more than my fair share of "grown up's" bills, my rents live two states away, and I am just simply trying to advance myself in an already pretty good job situation.
    if its free, fuck it. do it.

its just hard in the corporate world to advance without insane schooling cause every one goes for a masters now a days and at the very least an associates.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• associates are nearly useless now. bachelors are on their way to that point as well. better to get on it now, instead of regretting it later. especially if it's paid for.

Comment

• i feel so lucky to not be in a corporate environment or have had to go to college

although an engineering degree would help infinitely for my new gig

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• you should fill me in on what you're up to

Comment

• Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
            the 24 credits would likely transfer to an associates degree. and you would be about halfway there at that point. if your employer is picking up the tab, go for it!
            This was my thought exactly. It'll be something that could maybe help to advance me with my current employer......and even it doesn't.....i'm not paying for it and it'll put me about halfway towards the degree. And I think regardless I would go back and eventually work towards getting the degree, but because of my severe lack of free time and hectic job hours, I feel that the certificate is a more realistic goal for now that I could possibly expand upon later on.

I really appreciate the feedback everyone.
            MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
              i feel so lucky to not be in a corporate environment or have had to go to college

although an engineering degree would help infinitely for my new gig
              i wish I had an electrical engineering degree. shit would be easy as fuck to get too.
              Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• sounds good dude. and there's always online classes as well. good luck in whatever you end up doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                  i wish I had an electrical engineering degree. shit would be easy as fuck to get too.
                  i beg to differ.
                  Originally posted by Kielan
                  I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

EE degrees are uh... Not easy to get lol.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                      i beg to differ.
                      Lol. I mean easy as fuck for me compared to other degrees. I know its certainly not a cake walk. But all that type of stuff makes perfect sense to me

Comment

Do it. You wont.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
                        you sir, win this battle.
                        “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Lol. I mean easy as fuck for me compared to other degrees. I know its certainly not a cake walk. But all that type of stuff makes perfect sense to me
                          Until you have to take classes that have nothing to do with what you're going to school for.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

idk man. requires a shit ton of math and abstract analysis of things. if one is better at working with things visually, this would kill you. im glad thats over with.
                            Originally posted by Kielan
                            I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                              Do it. You wont.
                              youre absolutely right, i wont hahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                                Until you have to take classes that have nothing to do with what you're going to school for.
                                That's the worst.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
                                you sir, win this battle.
                                “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Working...
                                X