This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ratmog View Post
    (I hadn't even noticed flip out screen...) They're ridiculously on par the more I look at them. Canon really didn't give a shit about upgrading! I know I can get a decent 550D brand new well within my budget at the moment, so I might as well do that and spend the extra on a proper bag for it or a strap from LG..
    The censor wasn't even upgraded.... Such a waste of an upgrade, just a bunch of gimmicks for soccer moms.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      The censor wasn't even upgraded.... Such a waste of an upgrade, just a bunch of gimmicks for soccer moms.
      I'm after a higher ISO and better low light management than my current one, as lets be honest, Wales isn't exactly a sunny place and the sun sets FAST - many a time I've been out on a walk with a dog or something and missed a great shot due to the body not being able to work well with a 3.5 aperture on my zoom. I don't want to switch to Nikon as I have my 70-300 and my 50 as Canon.
      I must say I did find the flip screen useful for overhead crowd shots/straight down on the floor shots and things where you can't look through the viewfinder ie; bumpy situations - that is all I'd use it for though.

Also wtf posters will you please stop falling off my walls.

Originally posted by Jersh
      RT changes lives.

Comment

• Kielan has me thinking T2i, and considering I already use a Canon it wouldn't be that hard to learn new features.
        BMW E38
        That White Evo
        -SOLD
        instagram @kbuss
        flickr

Comment

• I just want something a step up from my point and shoot. Its handy, but without a tripod its hard to get good pictures in low light situations without a flash.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Lol tripods.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Seriously can't decide if I want to do air or get a 35 1.4 this winter... Its an actual extremely difficult decision.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Seriously can't decide if I want to do air or get a 35 1.4 this winter... Its an actual extremely difficult decision.
                Well what are your current lenses?

My tripod has barely left my car since the day I bought it... its been used once. To whack bushes out of the way so I could get to an abandoned hut.

RT changes lives.

Comment

Lol tripods.
                  Now you see why I want a better camera
                  lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by ratmog View Post
                    Well what are your current lenses?

My tripod has barely left my car since the day I bought it... its been used once. To whack bushes out of the way so I could get to an abandoned hut.
                    50 1.8, 70-200 f/4L. I really want a 35L but I also really want air.
                    Originally posted by andybob View Post
                    Now you see why I want a better camera
                    lol
                    Dude it'll be pitch black out and I'll just crank my ISO way up, people care way too much about grain, it can add so much to a photo, just have to give it a shot. Tripods have their uses, yes, but fuck them for the most part.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I love my tripod. It doesn't get much use but its fun for light painting and slow shutter shots are crystal clear even at a low iso
                      Last edited by sacrifice; 12-04-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Is there a website to explain camera lingo to newbs? I know what some shit is but it wouldn't hurt to know more.

Like I kinda know about ISO, I know if its too high pics will be grainy, but I don't exactly what it is and how it influences a picture.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• someone buy my camera.
                          cars and stuff

Comment

• Google, or the camera manual. Srs.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Google, or the camera manual. Srs.
                              Ahhh, forgot about the manual.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

50 1.8, 70-200 f/4L. I really want a 35L but I also really want air.

Dude it'll be pitch black out and I'll just crank my ISO way up, people care way too much about grain, it can add so much to a photo, just have to give it a shot. Tripods have their uses, yes, but fuck them for the most part.
                                Go for the air, save for the L and get it after spring as you have good allrounder lenses there, assuming you also still have the kit-lens?

RT changes lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X