This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    I spent 2 weeks on my harness but if I had to do it over I could do it in 3 days tops if I take it easy.

In essence once you know what you're doing it's soldering and wrapping about 45-50 wires for a full pnp harness.

Not a bad job if you get enough business
    yea exactly. 3 days for 1000$ isnt worth it imo. if i do one day of side work, i average about 1500 in my pocket
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• It's super easy work labor wise and I'm not the fastest solderer with experience I think it could be profitable

Side work like audio? I feel like that annoying work to deal with with the not breaking interior clips but I'm sure you're like WTF is this mother fucker trying to convince me that an engine harness is less annoying then audio? But yes lol

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

It's super easy work labor wise and I'm not the fastest solderer with experience I think it could be profitable

Side work like audio? I feel like that annoying work to deal with with the not breaking interior clips but I'm sure you're like WTF is this mother fucker trying to convince me that an engine harness is less annoying then audio? But yes lol
        hahahaha pretty much. I make between $150-200 an hour for side work.

example. average remote starter is $300. $80 in parts, $220 in labor. takes me 45mins

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post

example. average remote starter is $300. $80 in parts, $220 in labor. takes me 45mins
          Shit, I'd do that once a day and close shop lol.

Thing about audio is that it's so competitive. On te east coast you gotta factor in the puerto ricans that'll do a remote start for 99.99

Comment

yeahfuckyeah.gif

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
            you sir, win this battle.
            “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Shit, I'd do that once a day and close shop lol.

Thing about audio is that it's so competitive. On te east coast you gotta factor in the puerto ricans that'll do a remote start for 99.99
              dude, i tell that to the guys out here and they look at me like im raping their mom while smoking a blunt and drinking a 40. they dont understand how cut throat it is out east

once in a while theyll ask how much a job would be in east coast pricing. I'll be like "ummmmmm $80, have it done in 30mins." they go "$250, we have the car all day"

What in the fuck!

Comment

dude, i tell that to the guys out here and they look at me like im raping their mom while smoking a blunt and drinking a 40. they dont understand how cut throat it is out east

once in a while theyll ask how much a job would be in east coast pricing. I'll be like "ummmmmm $80, have it done in 30mins." they go "$250, we have the car all day"

What in the fuck!
                i need to start going to wherever you worked. Audio shops anywhere near RI are fucking hacks. The only reason i did my own install this summer is because every shop i went to asking for a quote was run by retards o rwhite trash. so glad i did it myself and saved 400 bucks.
                tumblr
                myata

Comment

• Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                  yeahfuckyeah.gif
                  my boss just landed 4 side jobs for $450 each. we're splitting the profit lol. I'll probably take home $5-600ish for an afternoon of work lol

Comment

• Originally posted by smoky0937 View Post
                    i need to start going to wherever you worked. Audio shops anywhere near RI are fucking hacks. The only reason i did my own install this summer is because every shop i went to asking for a quote was run by retards o rwhite trash. so glad i did it myself and saved 400 bucks.
                    in ct there are only 10 good installers if you can find them. they float from shop to shop because nobody wanted to pay them enough. thats why im out west. the income potential is way higher. Im on track to make $60k+ in 2012 installing car stereos

Comment

• Holy shit, open a shop and we can bang out installs by the hour

I bet you guys charge people to install headunits even if they bought em from you too

Comment

in ct there are only 10 good installers if you can find them. they float from shop to shop because nobody wanted to pay them enough. thats why im out west. the income potential is way higher. Im on track to make $60k+ in 2012 installing car stereos
                        holy shit i dont blame you. i found out this summer that I really like doing anything that has to do with car audio. if this whole school thing goes to shit i know where I'm goin.
                        tumblr
                        myata

Comment

Holy shit, open a shop and we can bang out installs by the hour

I bet you guys charge people to install headunits even if they bought em from you too
                          it varies by car. they charge an extra 35 to take the dash apart if its not simple. blew my fucking mind.

in ct $85 to install any deck, parts included.

here parts are extra $45ish. labor can be anywhere from $60+

Comment

• Originally posted by smoky0937 View Post
                            holy shit i dont blame you. i found out this summer that I really like doing anything that has to do with car audio. if this whole school thing goes to shit i know where I'm goin.
                            here or denver, for real. its all commission though

Comment

• God damn, out here if you buy the radio they will hard wire it for free and 10 bucks for the pnp harness and 10 bucks if you need the the dash kit

Comment

God damn, out here if you buy the radio they will hard wire it for free and 10 bucks for the pnp harness and 10 bucks if you need the the dash kit
                                I know. the people out west have no idea that there are markets like that. to fit in, i need to charge like 3 times as much as I mormally would

Comment

Working...
                                X