X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Wait, you WANT it to sound like farts?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
        Wait, you WANT it to sound like farts?
        yes!
        It has a prolonged fart too, when you're going downhill and let off the throttle - when the engine-braking kicks in. Its hilarious.

Originally posted by Jersh
        RT changes lives.

Comment

• I have to admit, that would be hysterical.
          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
          Originally posted by Ollie
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
            I have to admit, that would be hysterical.
            It completely is. I'd video it, but all you'd get would be a video of me laughing my head off.

You are now all free to assume I laugh everywhere I drive..
            Last edited by ratmog; 11-18-2011, 04:35 PM.

RT changes lives.

Comment

• I give up. All hope has been lost...
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by ratmog View Post
                sup rt

also not my vid, but wondering if there's a way (FMU you might know?) to keep that distinct farty sound if I ever do an engine swap/custom exhaust jobbie?

Morris Minor Farting - YouTube
                Originally posted by ratmog View Post
                yes!
                It has a prolonged fart too, when you're going downhill and let off the throttle - when the engine-braking kicks in. Its hilarious.
                The burbles and burps you hear as you off throttle above a certain rpm is what we call overrun. It's something we aim to maximize with every exhaust we make, as we find it's a fucking awesome sound if you get it right (case in point -- Black Series or Gold Wheels). Overrun also makes fireballs possible in the right conditions.

Whenever you swap the motor, obviously you're going to alter the sound, as each motor has its own distinct note. If you want to keep an exact tone after swapping motors, well, that'd be tough to do. However, if all you want is to keep the overrun after the swap, just get a straight exhaust system without catalytic converters, run a little on the rich side and don't have too constrictive of a header design, and boom, overrun. It's a lot easier to hear it without cats. My K20 does it, but very quietly, since it's still catted.

Yeah!

Fuck yeah!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• It's a .jpg not a .gif, so it's good enough to escape banning, but still more than enough to celebrate Fuck Yeah Fridays!!

Post it everywhere you can today before Sean amends his rules to include stillframes of the fuckyeah gif.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                  www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                  I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                    The burbles and burps you hear as you off throttle above a certain rpm is what we call overrun. It's something we aim to maximize with every exhaust we make, as we find it's a fucking awesome sound if you get it right (case in point -- Black Series or Gold Wheels). Overrun also makes fireballs possible in the right conditions.

Whenever you swap the motor, obviously you're going to alter the sound, as each motor has its own distinct note. If you want to keep an exact tone after swapping motors, well, that'd be tough to do. However, if all you want is to keep the overrun after the swap, just get a straight exhaust system without catalytic converters, run a little on the rich side and don't have too constrictive of a header design, and boom, overrun. It's a lot easier to hear it without cats. My K20 does it, but very quietly, since it's still catted.

Yeah!

Fuck yeah!
                    Fuck Yeah! Its the burbles I'm after, as obviously the engine swap would change the note~ Fiat Twin cam is a possibility, but also Dad has been on about pulling apart an old BMW and doing a whole running gear swap. (shush guys, he puts BMW part in everything he can ok.)
                    Well now I know exactly what it is I can stop calling it 'farting' and work towards creating that noise. I knew it was to do with the straight exhaust and the lack of cats, but thats confirmed it.

RT changes lives.

Comment

• Mmm i enjoy overrun very much

Still trying to find a gutter 3" cat to replace my 2.5" cat to free up the flow and make flames

Don't want to get a de-cat pipe/test pipe since i want it to look like the cat is there in case i get pulled over by the police

One interesting thing though is my friend's R33 Skyline pops huge 1m+ flames and still has a 3" high flow cat present
                      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• what the hell
                        is going on in here
                        Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                          what the hell
                          is going on in here
                          car farts.

also i scanned it

RT changes lives.

Comment

• ooh, drawing looks good

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                              ooh, drawing looks good
                              thanks man, got any critique?

RT changes lives.

Comment

• is that a mix of pencil and water based paint?

Comment

Working...
                                X