X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    Trucks are lame. Unless they lay frame.
    I thought the same until I rode in one. 4th gear rubber at 55 mph never gets old.

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
    isn't that just running rich as fuck?
    Diesel motors work a hell of a lot different than gas motors. There is no throttle plate, the amount of fuel being fed to the engine is what gives it power. More fuel = more power.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
      I thought the same until I rode in one. 4th gear rubber at 55 mph never gets old.

Diesel motors work a hell of a lot different than gas motors. There is no throttle plate, the amount of fuel being fed to the engine is what gives it power. More fuel = more power.
      So that'd be a yes, diesel makes torque not power at least thats what I thought.
      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• So then why inject? Why not just have a line that just constantly pours fuel into the cylinders?

I've been in diesel trucks that are "fast" I still don't get the point of wanting one, fuel costs a fuck load, horribly inefficient, and lets be honest, there are no real benefits unless you haul a lot of shit all the time.

I'll take a car that costs the same with half the power, but I can still drive hard.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
          I have a friend that has an LS1 S10, did a low 12 at the quarter mile IIRC
          THAT is a fast truck, he doesn't have mudders, he has slicks
          There is a lot of Cummins' in the 12's. Just got to have a bit of money.

My buddy has a 97 12v Cummins. Right now he only has an intake, 4" exhaust, boost controller (he's running 36 ps right now), and fuel pump mod and it'll spin 4th gear pretty easy. He's going to a diesel tech school so while he is down there he's doing injectors, head studs, and a headgasket. Then he'll be able to run 50 psi boost no problem.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Watching trucks on 40" tires run a 10 second 1/8th mile pulling 10000 pound trailers is fucking awesome.

Comment

So then why inject? Why not just have a line that just constantly pours fuel into the cylinders?

I've been in diesel trucks that are "fast" I still don't get the point of wanting one, fuel costs a fuck load, horribly inefficient, and lets be honest, there are no real benefits unless you haul a lot of shit all the time.

I'll take a car that costs the same with half the power, but I can still drive hard.

I'll play devils advocate:
              you can piss off people with your "coal"
              you can get away with fucking your sister
              You can grow a cool mullet
              rock the Dixie flag

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                Watching trucks on 40" tires run a 10 second 1/8th mile pulling 10000 pound trailers is fucking awesome.
                Yes, but I doubt one would daily a truck like that.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

So then why inject? Why not just have a line that just constantly pours fuel into the cylinders?
                  It wont ignite. Diesel fuel is injected into the cylinders at 15,000 psi+ so it will vaporize enough and ignite.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

It wont ignite. Diesel fuel is injected into the cylinders at 15,000 psi+ so it will vaporize enough and ignite.
                    The troll.

Your head.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

There is a lot of Cummins' in the 12's. Just got to have a bit of money.

My buddy has a 97 12v Cummins. Right now he only has an intake, 4" exhaust, boost controller (he's running 36 ps right now), and fuel pump mod and it'll spin 4th gear pretty easy. He's going to a diesel tech school so while he is down there he's doing injectors, head studs, and a headgasket. Then he'll be able to run 50 psi boost no problem.
                      And alot of dodge neons do too
                      so what does he do a 1/4 in?
                      All you keep saying is he spins tires with his tq

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                      Watching trucks on 40" tires run a 10 second 1/8th mile pulling 10000 pound trailers is fucking awesome.
                      and nascar is cool too

Comment

I'll play devils advocate:
                        you can piss off people with your "coal"
                        you can get away with fucking your sister
                        You can grow a cool mullet
                        rock the Dixie flag
                        I figured a post like that was coming soon.

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                        Yes, but I doubt one would daily a truck like that.
                        It'd be no different that dailying a car an 1" off the ground.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

And alot of dodge neons do too
                          so what does he do a 1/4 in?
                          All you keep saying is he spins tires with his tq
                          In the general vicinity of 15's. My car run's mid 16's stock and I can't keep with him.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• I got rocked in my m3 by a truck on 44s lol

Comment

did you know it'd be me?

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                              In the general vicinity of 15's. My car run's mid 16's stock and I can't keep with him.
                              lol my stock integra was faster than that

Comment

I doubt that. Highly. Seeing as I dailyed my integra for a year at the height it was, I can tell you, driving a low car is just inconvenient at times. Having a car that makes massive amounts of power, that gets inconvenient a lot more often.

I just don't see the point to getting a big diesel truck unless you haul a ton of shit and you need it. Trucks are lame, and you can't drive one hard like you would a car, straight line speed is kinda cool, driving a car hard through twisties, and still going fast, that is awesome.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X