• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ollie View Post
    more LTL?
    That's what I was thinking, but I'm not sure what the bahhhhh was for. lol
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• it means you got a weak rack brah

lock to lock is the amount of turn from all the way left to all the way right on the steering wheel. z3's and 02 and up e46's had like a 2.8 turns LTL while my car and your e46 was like 3.5 LTL

bahhhh is a noise i make in disappointment hahaha

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Oh I see.

I mean I figured bahhh was bad, but sometimes I say bahahah, which has that same baahh sound.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• coolstorybro.jpg
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
            coolstorybro.jpg
            Fuck you Dudeman.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              Fuck you Dudeman.
              bahahahahha baaaahh

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                bahahahahha baaaahh

Comment

• You're such an ass.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                    hey fluid why dont you guys machine me a ps rack????

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                      You're such an ass.
                      Ahh come on you know I'm a nice guy

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                      [IMG]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ksv9e3iOjJ1qzg22to1_500.jpg[/IG]
                      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                        Niqa cazh rulz erthng rund m3 prrod
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• fuck money man its overrated

just make the god damn rack

Comment

• Originally posted by Lt. Dangle
                            Are your cigars left handed, or right handed?
                            Originally posted by Kielan
                            Debatable, I sat there uncontrollably shitting for more than 20 minutes.

Check my Tumblr, bitches.

Comment

• afaik byron has a m rack.

some info.
                              Okay, I did not read the entire thread, but in fact I barely read any of it, but all I'm going to say is what wh33lhop's cliffs are correct. Here are some measurements that my friend who races an M coupe took from some race car drivers that took the measurements themeselves:

Z3 non-M racks are all the same.
                              - LINEAR ratio (same rack travel per input turn across the entire rack length)
                              - 53.5 mm of linear rack travel per 1 360 degree rotation input.
                              - 144.5 mm of total rack travel (translates to 2.7 turns L2L)
                              - installed 13.9:1 ratio

Z3 M racks and '96+ E36 M3 racks are the same.
                              - PROGRESSIVE ratio (rack is slower on-center, quicker towards L&R rack locks)
                              - 45.5 mm of linear rack travel on-center per 1 360 degree rotation input.
                              - 145.6 mm of total rack travel(translates to 3.2 turns L2L)
                              - installed 15.6:1 mean ratio
                              - Same p/n rack as E36 non-M, but locks were modified to shorten gear travel from 154.7 to 145.6mm

'95 M3 racks are the slowest and shortest of all US-spec E36 racks, until 200 deg of rotation from on-center.
                              - PROGRESSIVE ratio
                              - 39.0 mm of linear rack travel on-center per 1 360 degree rotation input.
                              - 117mm of total rack travel (translates to 3.0 turns L2L)
                              - installed 17.6:1 mean ratio

And btw, regular z3 rack > z3M rack = regular e36 rack

So the regular z3 rack would be the best. Sucks for me cuz I JUST had my '95 M3 rack installed after I discovered this info. FML!!!!!

/thread
                              -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                              Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zic View Post
                                afaik byron has a m rack.

some info.
                                Okay, I did not read the entire thread, but in fact I barely read any of it, but all I'm going to say is what wh33lhop's cliffs are correct. Here are some measurements that my friend who races an M coupe took from some race car drivers that took the measurements themeselves:

Z3 non-M racks are all the same.
                                - LINEAR ratio (same rack travel per input turn across the entire rack length)
                                - 53.5 mm of linear rack travel per 1 360 degree rotation input.
                                - 144.5 mm of total rack travel (translates to 2.7 turns L2L)
                                - installed 13.9:1 ratio

Z3 M racks and '96+ E36 M3 racks are the same.
                                - PROGRESSIVE ratio (rack is slower on-center, quicker towards L&R rack locks)
                                - 45.5 mm of linear rack travel on-center per 1 360 degree rotation input.
                                - 145.6 mm of total rack travel(translates to 3.2 turns L2L)
                                - installed 15.6:1 mean ratio
                                - Same p/n rack as E36 non-M, but locks were modified to shorten gear travel from 154.7 to 145.6mm

'95 M3 racks are the slowest and shortest of all US-spec E36 racks, until 200 deg of rotation from on-center.
                                - PROGRESSIVE ratio
                                - 39.0 mm of linear rack travel on-center per 1 360 degree rotation input.
                                - 117mm of total rack travel (translates to 3.0 turns L2L)
                                - installed 17.6:1 mean ratio

And btw, regular z3 rack > z3M rack = regular e36 rack

So the regular z3 rack would be the best. Sucks for me cuz I JUST had my '95 M3 rack installed after I discovered this info. FML!!!!!

/thread
                                e46 02 and up 330i has a shorter ratio apparently. its what im looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X