This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moose View Post
    There is no "Secret", Manny is a really cool guy, and the car is cool. There are no interior shots in the article, but it is fully stripped, has a cage, bunch of personalized things inside etc. Riding around and the radar is going off, turbo spool, multiple GPS, the CB radio, all while sitting in race buckets is fun. The article is more about the message as well of don't immediately write someone off based on their car.

FWIW, before meeting Manny, I saw the car at SOWO and brushed it off. After spending the weekend down in Miami riding around in it in Southbeach etc, I get it. I would side with Mike and say it is also a personal favorite of mine, which is extremely surprising to me as well.
    This

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

• Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
      This
      I thought that was for rally racing, he tracks it right?
      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

This
        You caught him, a GPS and a CB radio, must be trying to replicate Team Polezi as they are the first people on earth to do that, shut the fuck up

Comment

You caught him, a GPS and a CB radio, must be trying to replicate Team Polezi as they are the first people on earth to do that, shut the fuck up
          Y u mad? lol
          No they are not, but simmilar stickers allover, CBs radar detectors, etc. made me thaink about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
            I thought that was for rally racing, he tracks it right?
            E39 M5?
            Its used for rally and and display. Its not dedicated track car.

Comment

E39 M5?
              Its used for rally and and display. Its not dedicated track car.
              I was talking about the subaru
              Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

yeah I guess....I dunno

I read it, I still don't get it.
                A cool guy doesn't make a car cool, just like a cool car doesn't make a cool guy.
                I read the article 3 times and stared at the subaru, looking for something to set it apart and I still don't get it. But whatever its not my site, I was just wondering if I was the only one, and if someone could fill me in on the secret behind it.
                Yup, don't get it either. It's like an ugly chick with a good personality... not good enough.

Comment

I was talking about the subaru
                  I actually am not sure what events he does with it, if any. I didn't think to ask, and I can't remeber if it came up.

Comment

• Moose, have you got a different throttle cable yet? I found a awesome carburetor throttle cable that works amazingly

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• I just spent 2 hours working on a vw and couldnt get anything to work. I start explaining the issues and the customer tells me that he has allkinds of electrical problems. would have been nice to know about that going into the job
                      Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

There is no "Secret", Manny is a really cool guy, and the car is cool. There are no interior shots in the article, but it is fully stripped, has a cage, bunch of personalized things inside etc. Riding around and the radar is going off, turbo spool, multiple GPS, the CB radio, all while sitting in race buckets is fun. The article is more about the message as well of don't immediately write someone off based on their car.

FWIW, before meeting Manny, I saw the car at SOWO and brushed it off. After spending the weekend down in Miami riding around in it in Southbeach etc, I get it. I would side with Mike and say it is also a personal favorite of mine, which is extremely surprising to me as well.
                        I get this because when I personally know the person behind the wheel of a car, it magically makes the car that much cooler(not being sarcastic) and personable. Riding in it does the same. I feel like an ass saying this, and it's to no disrespect to anyone, but it just seems mildly hypocritical of Mike to feature a car that goes against every he's "preached" so to say. I guess it could be an evolution/maturation of Mike's outlook on cars which I then could then understand and appreciate. Or maybe I'm just missing that something that make's it what it is.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                          Moose, have you got a different throttle cable yet? I found a awesome carburetor throttle cable that works amazingly
                          Nope, haven't had the time to mess with it, I cleaned up the current setup a bit and it works just fine for now.

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                          I just spent 2 hours working on a vw and couldnt get anything to work. I start explaining the issues and the customer tells me that he has allkinds of electrical problems. would have been nice to know about that going into the job
                          Terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                            I get this because when I personally know the person behind the wheel of a car, it magically makes the car that much cooler(not being sarcastic) and personable. Riding in it does the same. I feel like an ass saying this, and it's to no disrespect to anyone, but it just seems mildly hypocritical of Mike to feature a car that goes against every he's "preached" so to say. I guess it could be an evolution/maturation of Mike's outlook on cars which I then could then understand and appreciate. Or maybe I'm just missing that something that make's it what it is.
                            That is 100% percent what it is for me. Knowing someone, and what has went in the car always makes it cooler for me as well. Its easy to just disregard it because it has Rota's and a bunch of stickers, but you meet the owner and actually are around it, and it is much easier to appreciate. As said, I disliked it before really being around it.

As far as the it going against what has been "preached", it absolutely is, but I see it more as an exception to the rule, than the rules changing.
                            Last edited by Moose; 06-16-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                              attitude has a lot to do with it too. its not like Manny is all "look at my Rotas! Im Ken Block cool".

Comment

Nope, haven't had the time to mess with it, I cleaned up the current setup a bit and it works just fine for now.

Terrible.
                                werd. unhappy dave is unhappy

Comment

Working...
                                X