X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm probably going to go spl. As I don't enjoy my stance's rusty limited edt. coilovers.
    i'll have to deal with them not matching. oh and if you want a good setup for modded knuckles lmk
    220 with your core
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I flip people off cause its the cool thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by HouseOf1817 View Post
      i'm probably going to go spl. As I don't enjoy my stance's rusty limited edt. coilovers.
      i'll have to deal with them not matching. oh and if you want a good setup for modded knuckles lmk
      220 with your core
      Threads rusty?
      Little trick I learned for that, Fuck wish I would have known about the modded knuckles before...
      I'm planning on replacing my FLCA, ball joint and uprights in the future
      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• no, threads aren't all that rusty, the helper springs and such are a mess though.
        what i just bought;
        traction rod, tension rod,steering spacer, subframe risers
        what else would you suggest for me to get before going to get an alignment

Comment

• didn't you get the whiteline replacement balljoints at one point?

Comment

• lol at your alignments.

I just adjust camber so it is equal on both sides, and adjust toe within factory specs on the front. The rears I just fuck with toe. (no adjustable camber until I get eccentric bolts.)

Car goes down the road straight and still turns fine. Caster is a bit off and so is SAI, but you show me a cad that can have correct measurements and be dumped and I'll be impressed.
            Last edited by andybob; 06-09-2011, 10:00 PM.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by HouseOf1817 View Post
              no, threads aren't all that rusty, the helper springs and such are a mess though.
              what i just bought;
              traction rod, tension rod,steering spacer, subframe risers
              what else would you suggest for me to get before going to get an alignment
              Tension rod brace, Tie rods, RUCA
              and check for worn bushings while you're under there

Originally posted by HouseOf1817 View Post
              didn't you get the whiteline replacement balljoints at one point?
              Nah just Moog, when I replace I'm going solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                lol at your alignments.

I just adjust camber so it is equal on both sides, and adjust toe within factory specs. The rears I just fuck with toe.

Car goes down the road straight and still turns fine. Caster is a bit off and so is SAI, but you show me a cad that can have correct measurements and be dumped and I'll be impressed.
                Thats why alot of dumped 240s have like -2 to -3 camber

Comment

• Am I retarded?

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                    I would get SPL

heard something bad about them recently, dont ask me what I cant remember
                    think it was on zilvia though...
                    hmmm. I'll look it up. Just the toe rods specifically?
                    |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
                    Drama you are like god
                    Originally posted by SwearBear
                    Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

Thats why alot of dumped 240s have like -2 to -3 camber
                      sorry if I'm retarded, but I don't see what that would correct

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
                        Originally posted by andybob View Post
                        everyones retarded in RT tonight!!

It corrects your stance yo

Comment

lol at your alignments.

I just adjust camber so it is equal on both sides, and adjust toe within factory specs on the front. The rears I just fuck with toe. (no adjustable camber until I get eccentric bolts.)

yeah, and your car isn't nearly as old and modified. I'd rather not be breaking parts at track
                          Oh and by the end of my 'minor' build process, I want the car to be a clean,comfortable daily

Comment

honestly it doesn't correct anything if it's done wrong. (i.e. coils and outer tie rods)
                            I never drifted my car before I bought it and nearly all the rubber/poly bushing were toast

Comment

everyones retarded in RT tonight!!

It corrects your stance yo
                              lol

I spent a lot of time learning about alignments and all the terms in school.

For most applications (i.e. stock cars)
                              Toe will wear tires first
                              Then camber

Caster has a lot to do with steering effort and how the car goes down the road. Positive caster is good (to a point) and negative caster is bad (car will be all over the road, think shopping cart wheels). Excessive caster on one side can create a pull.

Steering Axis Inclination (SAI), read this:

There are a lot of other terms, but these are some of the most important ones.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Basically to answer your question, once a car is lowered the original parts do not suffice like they were intended to. Surely they will work to a certain degree on most cars yet if you want a stock ride height replace your bushings only and if your going to be drifter dude stance and take 60* turns then your going to need adjustable arms to relieve the stress off old worn out parts and add some rigidity. There is plenty more I left out, if your interested here is some decent info

- and yes, i'm up to par with my basic steering knowledge. lol
                                I'm sorry for bickering, you know what your talking about.
                                I'm just trying to go to the floor, with a retarted low track stance
                                Last edited by HouseOf1817; 06-09-2011, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X