• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    So... How much does it really cost?
    Originally posted by andybob View Post
    My buddy was thinking somewhere around $5k and up
    Buddy paid 4200 for his motor set, still needs all the swap parts and some shit to beef up the motor (rod bolts, clutch, and one other thing IIRC), and it would have been 4800 but they fucked up and subtracted 300 instead of adding.
    But thats from a retailer of used motors so it depends, figure 4-5k for a retailer and 2-4k from some guy off craigslist. Another 4k for all the swap parts, and 1-2k lee way.
    I'm thinking 10k is a safe bet.
    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• I start my new job tomorrow. I'm both excited and nervous...

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• God damn that is a fuckload more than I thought it would be.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Some guy ( I forgot who) did an LSX swap in his 240 and it came out to about $6000. But IIRC he did his own custom fab work to fit it in, and he already had all the materials so that was less he had to pay for.
          |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
          Drama you are like god
          Originally posted by SwearBear
          Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

• It all depends on how cheap you can get the motor and Which LSX motor you want. You can get LS1's dirt cheap all day long now
            As for the conversion PArts, Check out the prices here
            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
            he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
              I start my new job tomorrow. I'm both excited and nervous...

Good luck, dude.

Drama you are like god
              Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                It all depends on how cheap you can get the motor and Which LSX motor you want. You can get LS1's dirt cheap all day long now
                http://www.enjukuracing.com/nissan-2...p-c-2_710.html
                When you say dirt cheap, how much are we talking?
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drama View Post

Good luck, dude.
                  Thanks man.

It could be a lifelong gig. The guy plans to sell out in 5 years and he has a really good reputation.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                    God damn that is a fuckload more than I thought it would be.
                    yeah its expensive, if I wanted to take a bigger risk and buy from some dude off CL I could save 2k or so and spend about 7-8k total.
                    But really 10k or so ain't bad for a motor that will put down about 325 whp and tq, be good on gas (about 30mpg), be documented, emission legal, and be reliable.

Originally posted by Drama View Post
                    Some guy ( I forgot who) did an LSX swap in his 240 and it came out to about $6000. But IIRC he did his own custom fab work to fit it in, and he already had all the materials so that was less he had to pay for.
                    Yeah I've heard those stories, comes down to luck, skill, and time
                    and I have none of those so I'm going to have to pay top dollar, lol

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                    It all depends on how cheap you can get the motor and Which LSX motor you want. You can get LS1's dirt cheap all day long now
                    http://www.enjukuracing.com/nissan-2...p-c-2_710.html
                    Really? I thought they were going up in price not down, because of how popular they were.

Comment

• time for bed

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                        time for bed
                        time for more beer lol
                        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                          Thanks man.

It could be a lifelong gig. The guy plans to sell out in 5 years and he has a really good reputation.
                          Nice. I hope for the best to you.

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                          Yeah I've heard those stories, comes down to luck, skill, and time
                          and I have none of those so I'm going to have to pay top dollar, lol

lol. Maybe you can find someone that can do the fab work? Maybe it'll be cheaper?

Drama you are like god

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                            time for more beer lol

Drama you are like god

Comment

• Jason (or anyone), can you help me find a little meme comic that has a dude bumping into a black chick and she's like, "Damn nigga watch where you walking. shit" Then it's has okay.jpg.

Drama you are like god

Comment

• oh god damn it, I have the hiccups. if this doesnt end quickly, i'll just kill myself
                                Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Working...
                                X