X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hear you dude, just keep in mind that these cars are maintenance whores. you have to keep up on things. personally, i would prefer a car with less electronics if i was in the situation you are in. its all temporary anyway. soon you will graduate and get full time job. then the money will be coming in to get a better car.
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• For what its worth, a $4k Honda will get you a lot further than a $4k BMW.

I'm not telling you to do or not do anything, but just keep in mind that you struggled with the maintenance on the Honda which is much less than the BMW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        Can you fucking idiots read any more. Holy fuck.

Originally posted by Jersh
        RT changes lives.

Comment

Jesus fuck Oxer. I just don't have the tools to do it, if I had a car that I could take to get down to the shop it would have been done already, but I haven't get the fuck over it. I know what the fuck I'm doing I've done it multiple times, I just don't have a second car. Holy fuck enough.

Yeah I know, but really I'm so fucking sick and tired of my car, I wouldn't mind working on a car that I would like rather than one that everytime I get near it, wanting to hit someone. 4k is what my parents are limiting me to spend on the car though, and I'm not about to buy another Honda. I want something more modern than a fucking E30 as well. So what if I have to spend money to get it fixed up, I will spend the money then. I don't give a shit about modding it right away, a car that works is more important than one that is low.

I don't mind working on a car, shit I've spent probably close to 30 hours working on Rory's car.
          30 hours? LOL

Kielan, umad bro?

Tell your parents to pull their heads in... Listen to what Eric has said. You make out that you arent a baller, yet you're going to buy a 4k e46 that will end up costing you $10k in parts and labour...

Get mad all you want, all we are doing is giving you a reality check.
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Then come up here and take it Cal. Does there have to be more of a reason that I DON'T LIKE THE FUCKING CAR. I don't like how it looks, how it drives, or how much shit needs to be done to it. I don't give a fuck what you guys think about the decision, its my car, my money. I will spend it how I fucking please.
            Chill man. Those are valid reasons, but it can easily be just as bad (or worse) in another car. Unless you plan on buying a brand new car off the lot, you're going to get stuck with maintaining cars. And even if you do buy a brand new car off the lot, that's no guarantee that shit won't break either.

I agree with negativecamber. The more sophisticated car you have, the more potential parts breaking. Wait it out until you graduate and land yourself a nice job; you'll be able to afford something you TRULY want. I wish I would have...
            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
            if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
            Originally posted by Jedidiah
            he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

I like E30s, but I don't want to be driving a late 80s car. I want a car with a modern interior something with stupid creature amenities, that make me happy.
              e30s are stupid anyways
              Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                i hear you dude, just keep in mind that these cars are maintenance whores. you have to keep up on things. personally, i would prefer a car with less electronics if i was in the situation you are in. its all temporary anyway. soon you will graduate and get full time job. then the money will be coming in to get a better car.
                Soon is 3 years from now. I'm tired of driving a car that will always be a cheap piece of shit. In 3 years when I have a real job, and I live on my own I'll get a car that I really really want but definitely can't afford right now. An E46 is a car that I have loved since I was a kid, ever since I first saw one, first rode in one, I've wanted one. Now I can make that a reality I'm going to do it.

More electronics, less electronics I don't give a fuck. Knowing my luck shit is going to go wrong regardless. If I want something thats more modern, then so be it.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• personally, ive never seen an e46 with ~120k for 4k over here. is that common in your area?

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

personally, ive never seen a e46 with ~120k for 4k over here. is that common in your area?
                    I've never seen an E46 for $4k regardless.
                    if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                      For what its worth, a $4k Honda will get you a lot further than a $4k BMW.

I'm not telling you to do or not do anything, but just keep in mind that you struggled with the maintenance on the Honda which is much less than the BMW.
                      <3

Originally posted by Kielan View Post

More electronics, less electronics I don't give a fuck. Knowing my luck shit is going to go wrong regardless. If I want something thats more modern, then so be it.
                      Cool story bro...

Feel free to sling some cash my way since you're a baller..
                      Originally posted by anth
                      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• I didn't get behind on maintenance the PO did. When I got the car, I had no idea what I was looking for and I stupidly listened to my Dad. Not anymore. I know what to look for, I know what specific problems to look for. I'm generally much more knowledgable. Oxer will say I'm stupid or whatever I don't give a fuck I know more than enough to buy a car that will last me at least a good couple months without any problems. I have a full time job this summer. I have 2 jobs when I go back to school, I'd say I can easily maintain the car.

I'm not waiting another 3 years to be stuck with a car I fucking ****, and don't want to drive. Waiting right now is just not an option. I'm sorry but its not.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                          <3

Cool story bro...

Feel free to sling some cash my way since you're a baller..
                          Fuck you Oxer. Seriously. I've been saving for god knows how long. I've got a full time job this summer, and 2 when I go back to school. I'm not some stupid piece of shit rich kid. Go put some gay anime shit on your car, stop trying to tell me who I am.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Han View Post
                            I've never seen an E46 for $4k regardless.
                            high mileage 323s come up for a max price of 4500 in my area. we are talking 200k miles and higher.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

high mileage 323s come up for a max price of 4500 in my area. we are talking 200k miles and higher.
                              I'll take my 132k Integra, thank you.

Comment

• I've found a few with less than 140k for 4k. I've found 2 with less than 120k, that needed something tiny and stupid that people don't know how to fix.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X