This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PHAS3D View Post
    ahaha but that was a hipster ass statement, regardless of who said it. But I agree.
    lol it was, I cant argue that
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by vdubkid View Post
      besides, hoods are there to cover the engine. if it were a ferrari or some other rear-engined car with a glass plate over the cylinders, then yeah, a clean engine bay is essential. but since 99% of cars don't have that, i couldn't give a rat's ass what it looks like, as long as every cylinder fires when it should.
      then keep your hood closed so people like me wont talk shit. If i wanted to see spaghetti soup, Id buy some pasta and boil water

Comment

• "failure?"

show me a car that was designed without a hood and has a wild jumble of wires, and i'll happily never bring this back up. but since the hood on a car is a pretty important design feature, anything that it covers isn't important to me when concerning aesthetics. that's kind of like saying "the wiring under the carpet of your interior isn't the most visually appealing. therefore, your car is ugly, becuase when i took the carpet out, it was a wild jumble of wires."

and dude, i do get what you're saying. if you care, you'll put the effort into making your engine bay tidy and not looking like a cluster-fuck. but if it's messy, it doesn't take away from the paint, fitment, and interior. things that people see most of the time.
        -George
        flickr

Comment

"failure?"

show me a car that was designed without a hood and has a wild jumble of wires, and i'll happily never bring this back up. but since the hood on a car is a pretty important design feature, anything that it covers isn't important to me when concerning aesthetics. that's kind of like saying "the wiring under the carpet of your interior isn't the most visually appealing. therefore, your car is ugly, becuase when i took the carpet out, it was a wild jumble of wires."

and dude, i do get what you're saying. if you care, you'll put the effort into making your engine bay tidy and not looking like a cluster-fuck. but if it's messy, it doesn't take away from the paint, fitment, and interior. things that people see most of the time.
          every car. all cars have wires properly loomed and tied together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
            then keep your hood closed so people like me wont talk shit. If i wanted to see spaghetti soup, Id buy some pasta and boil water
            AH! very important qualifier for this argument. if your shit looks like shit, cover it up! there was this kid at a local meet who took the hood off his stock neon, and didn't even clean the engine bay. i laughed my ass off, and he became a meme on this local board.

if you've tucked the wires, relocated everything, and painted the bay, take that hood off and show all your hard work!

but if it's not shiny, clean, and well-maintained, the hood is there for a damn good reason.
            -George
            flickr

Comment

AH! very important qualifier for this argument. if your shit looks like shit, cover it up! there was this kid at a local meet who took the hood off his stock neon, and didn't even clean the engine bay. i laughed my ass off, and he became a meme on this local board.

if you've tucked the wires, relocated everything, and painted the bay, take that hood off and show all your hard work!

but if it's not shiny, clean, and well-maintained, the hood is there for a damn good reason.
              not even tucked. im just saying, take more time doing your wiring. kids throw shit together and think theyre the best. but in reality, if they took an extra 2-3 hours to loom and run everything properly. it would look a billion times better

Comment

• haha dammit, i agree.

take pride in your work. i triple-checked every step while trying to rebuild this motorcycle, making sure everything not old worked, but was as clean as i could make it. the old fuel line was almost a foot too long, and stuck out. i made sure to cut it only just a bit longer than it needed. so now all the tubes are inside the frame.

take pride in your work, and everyone will appreciate it. hell, you don't even need the three hours to make things look at least halfway decent haha.

tl;dr - don't just lay your subwoofer cables all over the place. keep things looking stock and you're doing it right.
                -George
                flickr

Comment

• The rt has turned its vibe.

04' 350z
                  89' s13 Coupe - Sold

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                  That would liven things up a bit. I could go for a shooting right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil View Post
                    Wha? cbf using google translate.
                    lol I don't even know if google will translate it properly. I haven't spoken spanish in so long, I think I forgot almost everything.
                    |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
                    Drama you are like god
                    Originally posted by SwearBear
                    Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

• Lol my brother got engaged kn Thursday, hahaha sucker

also hipster chicks, while infuriating, are fucking hot

Comment

• whoa, committed to marriage? what a sucker.

and yes. yes they are. the tight skirts, glasses, and pbr work wonders haha.
                        -George
                        flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by Gator View Post
                          Amen. Can't argue with that.
                          |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
                          Drama you are like god
                          Originally posted by SwearBear
                          Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gator View Post
                            Lol my brother got engaged kn Thursday, hahaha sucker

that is most women though...
                            Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                            I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

• BUT ANDREW! that means you'll be a groomsman, if not the best man. hit on those bridesmaids!!
                              -George
                              flickr

Comment

• But george, I have a girlfriend

Comment

Working...
                                X