This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    Is anyone here raging? I like this conversation, its an intelligent conversation, no one is raging at each other, and I'm playing that prick who doesn't agree with anything that anyone says. Its fun, and is thought provoking. I don't see a problem?
    Never said there was a problem, just surprised to see a heavy debate going on. - Not implying there that you don't debate things.

Originally posted by Jersh
    RT changes lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by ratmog View Post
      Never said there was a problem, just surprised to see a heavy debate going on. - Not implying there that you don't debate things.
      The only person here raging is Dave, and Dave is always raging, so that's not really different.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

No, that's not what I'm saying.

Serious question, did you vote in the last election?
        yes. honestly, i can say that i believed the bullshit 'transparency' speech. he was the lesser of the two evils so to speak.
        Originally posted by Kielan
        I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

The only person here raging is Dave, and Dave is always raging, so that's not really different.
          Dave is a rageaholic, he can't live without rageahol
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• im just saying....ive see a person have faith in another individual and die because of it.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Fair enough. We have regional elections on the 5th, and a vote for or against a different style of voting. I have absolutely no idea who i'm going to vote for, but I do know I want to keep the old style of voting.

Originally posted by Jersh
              RT changes lives.

Comment

• I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                  yes. honestly, i can say that i believed the bullshit 'transparency' speech. he was the lesser of the two evils so to speak.
                  So you voted. Ok. So my next question, why would you vote for someone if you had no faith in them, regardless of position, president, state senate, city governor, city treasurer, etc?

My point here is saying that you have no faith in anyone in government is pretty extreme. Surely you have some faith in them, otherwise you would have never voted for them in the first place.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                    x2
                    and yet the patriot act is still in effect, they still have lobbyist, and we are still in that shithole

Comment

So you voted. Ok. So my next question, why would you vote for someone if you had no faith in them, regardless of position, president, state senate, city governor, city treasurer, etc?

My point here is saying that you have no faith in anyone in government is pretty extreme. Surely you have some faith in them, otherwise you would have never voted for them in the first place.
                      because making no vote is still voting, and I'd rather have my vote count, even if its for something thats only slightly better than the other option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                        x2
                        and yet the patriot act is still in effect, they still have lobbyist, and we are still in that shithole
                        Things don't happen overnight.. Shit we have been looking for Bin Laden for over 12 years and we only just got him.

Its not all on one man either, all of gov't needs to work together to get shit done, and recently that shit hasn't been happening.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                          because making no vote is still voting, and I'd rather have my vote count, even if its for something thats only slightly better than the other option.
                          Slightly better off would imply that you have some sort of faith in that person to be better.

And on that note I bid you adieu RT, for I must be going to my second of three finals today right now.

Thanks for the conversation, it has been a great deal of fun.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Fuck this country, let's all mpvero japan, who's with me? I'm srs about it

Comment

its not really faith imo, more of gambling that they stay true to their word. as you defined from the dictionary,

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                              Dictionary.com defines faith as "belief that is not based on proof" there you go. Shit people believe all sorts of religious stuff, with no real way of proving its real.
                              for the voting example, the proof is there as spoken word. i listened to what he stated that he would do. i didnt assume(ie: no proof) that he would do something that he didn't say/mention/speak on, etc. A vote is a gamble that they stay on course to what they campaigned for.

i appreciate debating this with you, but now i need to get back to that thing that pays the bills. lol
                              Last edited by NegativeCamber; 05-02-2011, 01:13 PM.
                              Originally posted by Kielan
                              I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• You hope for the odds that they do what they say they say they will do. Faith is just a slightly different word for it. Or at least in my mind it is.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X