This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    Damn, I have no idea how hot this fire got, but that's not nearly as high a melting point as I was hoping for...
    Yeah, it's not high at all. You can melt Magnesium ribbon with just a lighter haha

Comment

• if u know that house-on-fire temps can rise to 1100°C
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by Bracknaphobia View Post
        Well, 600 C = Roughly 1112 F. Make you feel any better Kielan?

Edit: Morning all. Well, morning for me.
        Not at all (I already did the conversion lol), but the average house fire is 1100 degrees or so... I mean I know its not a house. but I can't really imagine it being 400 degrees cooler because of that...
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Yes, but what about Garage-on-fire temps?

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
          yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

• Garages burn cooler. It's technical...I won't bother trying to explain it...

Cole

yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

• Wouldn't it be higher? Since it's in a more confined area? We're fucking analysing the shit out of this!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bracknaphobia View Post
                Garages burn cooler. It's technical...I won't bother trying to explain it...
                There is no doubt in my mind they would burn cooler, but I just don't know about like 300-400 degrees cooler..
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Oh I was being sarcastic, but you're probably right considering theres a shit ton less inside of it. Insulation would probably make a difference too. Only time will tell.

Cole

Comment

• u sure, with all those flammable products (i know i have in the garage)

like paint thinner and so, white spirit, alcohol (non drinkable kind), gas for the lawnmower .......
                    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Just because there is shit like that in there, doesn't mean it would burn hotter, it would just make it spread faster.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• CSI: RT Edition.

Comment

• holy shit was rusty the only car in there?

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Rusty was the only car in there.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Yeah, that sort of stuff might fuel it, but without furniture, insulation, and other house-related things, my guess is that the fire would burn faster and cooler because there would be less to just lie around smoldering. Just like a fire in a fireplace; theyre only really hot because of the coals at the bottom, less so from the actual flames. But that's just my speculation.

Cole

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                                CSI: RT Edition.

Cole

Comment

Working...
                                X