X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sucks about rusty, but it's just a car. we have the technology to build it better, faster, and stronger.

what sucks worse about rusty, is that all of mike's wheels were in the garage too.
    -George
    flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by vdubkid View Post
      sucks about rusty, but it's just a car. we have the technology to build it better, faster, and stronger.

what sucks worse about rusty, is that all of mike's wheels were in the garage too.
      Yeah all of his wheels except the prototypes were in there. However, depending on how hot the fire was, there is still hope. It takes a lot of heat to melt alloy, and a lot of heat to melt steel. I don't think this is the last we will see of Rusty.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• damn that's crazy and sad man. i don't think there was another car on it's level...

Comment

• word, i actually looked up the melting point of gold last night, hoping that the ronals would make it
          -George
          flickr

Comment

• That fucking sucks, I loved rusty and never got to see him in person. Damn, hopefully all the wheels are okay.
            1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
            2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
            flickr

Comment

• Rusty could be deed? Noooo. That's a real shame. What was the cause of the fire?

Comment

• Originally posted by vdubkid View Post
                word, i actually looked up the melting point of gold last night, hoping that the ronals would make it
                Well they had a 24k gold plating but they are still magnesium centers. I don't know whether that's better or not.
                Originally posted by kevinc View Post
                That fucking sucks, I loved rusty and never got to see him in person. Damn, hopefully all the wheels are okay.
                If Rusty is truly gone, I will never ever forget him. I experienced part of the best weekend of my life in that car. Hell, I had a dream come true, by just seeing it, riding in it just made my life complete. I'll miss Rusty. I'll miss him a lot.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                  Well they had a 24k gold plating but they are still magnesium centers. I don't know whether that's better or not.

If Rusty is truly gone, I will never ever forget him. I experienced part of the best weekend of my life in that car. Hell, I had a dream come true, by just seeing it, riding in it just made my life complete. I'll miss Rusty. I'll miss him a lot.
                  Yeah man I bet. Something ground breaking always comes up every now and then, and I don't think we peaked at Rusty, so I'll just bet on something better following up Rusty.
                  flickr

Comment

• Rusty is just the beginning.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• The melting point of Mg is about 600-650 degrees C. So hopefully they're alright!

Comment

• it would be awesomesauce if some of the body-panels could be recouperated
                        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                          it would be awesomesauce if some of the body-panels could be recouperated
                          Rusty's new name is charcoal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                            The melting point of Mg is about 600-650 degrees C. So hopefully they're alright!
                            Damn, I have no idea how hot this fire got, but that's not nearly as high a melting point as I was hoping for...
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                              Rusty's new name is charcoal.
                              flickr

Comment

• Well, 600 C = Roughly 1112 F. Make you feel any better Kielan?

Edit: Morning all. Well, morning for me.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                                yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Working...
                                X