X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
    not coils, at the fuel injectors
    so hook it up to one of the un-common colors? Does it matter what cyl? How would that work, its just a shift light. It needs the voltage from the tach to illumiate when it hits that voltage (rpm).

-Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
      so hook it up to one of the un-common colors? Does it matter what cyl? How would that work, its just a shift light. It needs the voltage from the tach to illumiate when it hits that voltage (rpm).
      whats the year and model of your car? i can look up schematics from home
      Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

whats the year and model of your car? i can look up schematics from home
        1993 325is

I checked shopkey and it said the white connecter, pin 20 is engine speed (rpm), and thats what a few people said on bimmerforums and some m3 forums. I also checked my haynes manual and it gives me a diagram for the tach signal, but I have no idea were its showing it at. It says the instrument cluster, but I couldn't find it. They don't even list a wire color.

-Dan

Comment

1993 325is

I checked shopkey and it said the white connecter, pin 20 is engine speed (rpm), and thats what a few people said on bimmerforums and some m3 forums. I also checked my haynes manual and it gives me a diagram for the tach signal, but I have no idea were its showing it at. It says the instrument cluster, but I couldn't find it. They don't even list a wire color.
          black @ instrument cluster

The wire is located in a white connector behind the instrument cluster. Do not unplug the white connector with the ignition on or turn the ignition on with the plug disconnected.

or the injector trick like i mentioned

Comment

• Thats exactly what I did. x16 (white connecter on the back of the instrument cluster), Pin 20, its a black wire that I traced and spliced into. I even thought the bulb in the shift light was put in backwards since its led, but nope. Ill have to call the company I got the shift light from. Maybe mine is falty. Run the injector trick by me again, I never heard of doing that lol

-Dan

Comment

on the injector there are 2 wires. one wire is common on every one. the other is different

example

red - blue
              red - green
              red - purple
              red - black

the color that isnt common is the tach signal
              this

Comment

• So just splice into any of the un-common wires at any injector?

ex. I could splice into a blue wire for cyl. 4 or the purple wire for cyl. 6 as long as its not red (common).

Right?

-Dan

Comment

So just splice into any of the un-common wires at any injector?

ex. I could splice into a blue wire for cyl. 4 or the purple wire for cyl. 6 as long as its not red (common).

Right?
                  as long as its not the common wire, you shold be good. every make/model uses this rule

Comment

• Dude, I never heard of doing this lol. Ill try it out tomorrow and let you know. Thanks man.

-Dan

Comment

Dude, I never heard of doing this lol. Ill try it out tomorrow and let you know. Thanks man.
                      do it to it. ive installed something like 8000+ remote car starters, thats where i get tach signal on every one

Comment

• Ill look at the wiring diagrams for it before I try it out just to double check. I went threw every diagram in the back of the haynes manual and never saw anything that had to do with fuel injectors and tach signals. It would make more sense if it was the common color. Im not doubting you, I just never seen it done that way.

-Dan

Comment

Ill look at the wiring diagrams for it before I try it out just to double check. I went threw every diagram in the back of the haynes manual and never saw anything that had to do with fuel injectors and tach signals. It would make more sense if it was the common color. Im not doubting you, I just never seen it done that way.
                          its a car audio trick. most people dont know about it

Comment

• Yo Dawg...

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                            yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

• Im debating getting these:

Corbeau Forza fixed backing seats with Schroth Rallye 4pt harnesses

-Dan

Comment

• what color is the interior?

Comment

Working...
                                X