This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alexander View Post
    I go by the same philosophy. I don't start buying parts for a car until the car is ready.

I could have put off getting new brakes all round and saved that $600 for coils but I want to have my car in good running condition instead. When I eventually order coils they won't even go on when I get them. Getting two small dents removed, rolled aches then a full respray with happen first. In my mind there is no point spending tons of money on a car to just let it fall apart mechanically or structurally.
    1. Respray isnt structural

2. Respray is > $600

3. Who cares what the paint looks like? Its a miata?
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• I'm sure you went to a school full of other rich kids, so I doubt you got much grief.

Comment

• Maybe I went a little far in my reply. Sorry Kev.

Don't be too hard on him guys. In all reality if I had kids, and I could afford to buy them all new shit I would.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Han View Post
          I have to pee.
          you doing a dance?
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            When do you plan on getting your coils? I don't think you realize how much a full respray is.
            Depends on how much the supplies cost my painter. I dont pay labour

my full Color change and custom Paint will probably run me around $1500 im hoping.
            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
            he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• I think the next thing for my car is a new exhaust, It now rattles badly sometimes. Then timing belt needs to be done soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post

2. Respray is > $600

fuck ya flat color that bitch

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                Maybe I went a little far in my reply. Sorry Kev.

Don't be too hard on him guys. In all reality if I had kids, and I could afford to buy them all new shit I would.
                Fuck that, my kids will be lucky if I buy them fucking shoes.

Comment

Found a dealer near me who would do it for about $1200. That was part of the quote of the quote for my rocker work, which I went elsewhere for. They said If I ever wanted to repaint the car that's how much it would be. As for coils I would really like them to be ordered by next summer, I'm going into a co-op program so I'm going to try and save as much as I can from that.
                  A full respray should cost around 5-6k, are you sure that is not getting rattle canned primered for that price?
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I think the next thing for my car is a new exhaust, It now rattles badly sometimes. Then timing belt needs to be done soon.
                    exhaust is rattling=replace?
                    wtf why don't you just fix it

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                      I'm sure you went to a school full of other rich kids, so I doubt you got much grief.
                      nope. public high school with a bunch of normal ass kids and I fit in.
                      Originally posted by Kielan View Post

thanks man, I understand your situation completely. In all honesty, I wouldn't do the DC5 seats, but thats just me. We were talking about corbeau and those would be sick but take care of the maintenance stuff first. You have a good plan going.
                      1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
                      2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
                      flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                        sorry dude you're in the minority
                        Rich/Spoilt kid minority.
                        Originally posted by anth
                        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post

I wouldn't, I might help them get a cheap Honda. But I would not be buying them anything fancy. At best they will just get nice parts for Christmas or birthdays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post

2. Respray is > $600

Structural was more referring to letting the under body rust away while spending time on the wheels and such.

$600 was for new rotors, pads, and calipers for all four corners.

And I care.

Comment

sorry dude you're in the minority
                              yeah I've realized that. but again, idk what I'm really supposed to do about it.
                              1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
                              2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
                              flickr

Comment

fuck ya flat color that bitch

Fuck that, my kids will be lucky if I buy them fucking shoes.
                                You're saying that if you had millions you wouldn't buy shit for your kids? I mean yeah I'd make sure they knew what the world was like and make sure they didn't take shit for granted, I would make them work and such, be polite, normal people, who didn't flaunt their money. But I sure as fuck would buy them shit.

(Read not a new BMW, but I would buy them a car and what not) they would have to pay for their own gas and shit, but you get where I am coming from.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X