This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
    my contract is up this july, but if I get this job I am definitely going to re-up for another 6 years.
    I can collect a retirement if I complete 20 years, but if I stay in for 33 years then I max out my benefits (its also the maximum time you CAN spend in).
    Also every 90 days of activationactive duty time is 90 days sooner that I collect, FE if I do 3 years worth of active duty orders then I get to collect at age 57 (the earliest you can collect is age 50 IIRC).

I think someone did a calc and said that if a Master SGT with 25 years in started collecting today he would get about 1500 a month (non taxible IIRC) + at age 60 you get free medical.
    Not many other PT jobs can do that.

If I compound that with a federal job + my wifes state job, I'll be doing pretty well for myself.
    What is the max age to fight on the front lines? (Curious).
    Originally posted by Atlantian View Post
    Girl looks like an older Kristen Wiig

k?
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYnUZHjl2Xs"]Sauber C30 moveable rear wing (F1journaal.be) - verstelbare achtervleugel Sauber C30[/ame]

Are any of you guys going to be following the 2011 season of Formula 1?

It's kinda ridiculous how much the wing can move. This combined with the KERS, is worse than the "F-duct" imo.

Originally posted by checkmate2006
      SPOCK your so young errr are you Sulu

Comment

• Moveable wing = more downforce, better braking, better grip? I see nothing wrong with it.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• im not sure what alcohol to take with me to melbs :S

Comment

• Movable wing = they get to fold their rear wings flat for more speed on the straight.

KERS = a flywheel that would store energy (up to 81 hp) for later to boost the speed for overtaking.

Comment

• Ok... And what's wrong with that?
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Allows for people who fall behind on the more technical sections to catch right up.

I'm pretty excited for when they are going back to boosted 4 cylinder engines for F1 in 2013.

Comment

• You do realize that if you fall behind, the driver who is in front of you chances are, is going just as fast if not faster, sure you get down the straight faster, but so does everyone else... Your logic doesn't make sense. And more competition is more enjoyable to watch... I honestly can't see where this is a problem.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                    What is the max age to fight on the front lines? (Curious).

k?
                    Hell if I know, I'm a mechanic
                    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Oh word.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• The fold flat wing is limited to be used when less than 1 second behind the car in front. Which means that on that home stretch to the finish line, a close finish would likely end up being the 2nd place guy catapulting past 1st with the guy on pole not being able to do much.

My point isn't against close racing. Of course it should be entertaining with a lot of leap-frogging and close call finishes. But this shouldn't be attained by artificial aids such as speed boosting driving aids. The 1994 move towards banning active suspension and ABS etc was good as it puts more emphasis on the driver's abilities.

For closer racing, they reinstated the 107% qualifying rule (you have to qualify within 107% of the fastest lap time or you are out). That, I have no problem with.

Road racing is more about the driving than equipment performance, which means the driver being good at maximizing speed through corners to make up for having a slow car. That's why British F1 teams > Ferrari (power heads).

Anyways, it sucks that Bruno is out for 2011 (I guess he would be screwed by the 107% rule anyways), I'm guessing he'll be racing sports cars from now on. It's odd seeing him so slow for 2010, he dominated in GP2.

edit:
                        Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                        You do realize that if you fall behind, the driver who is in front of you chances are, is going just as fast if not faster, sure you get down the straight faster, but so does everyone else...
                        Not really, if you are on pole (or the front of a battle going on with no one ahead of you), you can't fold your rear wing.

And you can't boost your top speed with KERS if you are going 170+ and you see someone coming up behind you with their rear wing flat.

So it's just kind of a cheap gimmick.
                        Last edited by Atlantian; 02-05-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                          speaking of which, you bang that broad yet?
                          Not yet, this week imma ask her to chill
                          The world is seldom simple, and life is never easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Streetlight View Post
                            Not yet, this week imma ask her to chill
                            good luck
                            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Yeah Rory get it in.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• i love it when chicks have dimples on there lower back

Comment

Working...
                                X