• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by runningpanda View Post
    Ey?
    Good golly miss molly!
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Critiques, comments? It's a dirty POS, I know hahaa
      Christof Goulart
      FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

• Oh, completely forgot to comment on your pic Christof.

IMO the comp is nice, I like the idea a lot, but its underexposed, you can't really see any detail in the wheel, and in general there isn't much detail. If you took the same picture with the right exposure I think it could be quite impressive.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Words of a passionate teen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            Oh, completely forgot to comment on your pic Christof.

IMO the comp is nice, I like the idea a lot, but its underexposed, you can't really see any detail in the wheel, and in general there isn't much detail. If you took the same picture with the right exposure I think it could be quite impressive.
            What would you suggest? I'm self taught right now, and am trying to learn how to get shudder speed and f stop down right. I know the generals of both and how they work with each other, but other than that... noobed.
            Thanks for the comments Kielan, I really would like to get better. I need some work.
            I edited it in PS, so I might have fudged up a little?

Original before B&W and adjustments.
            Last edited by runningpanda; 12-15-2010, 11:51 AM.
            Christof Goulart
            FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

• Sunny 16 rule
              An example of the use of f-numbers in photography is the sunny 16 rule: an approximately correct exposure will be obtained on a sunny day by using an aperture of f/16 and a shutter speed close to the reciprocal of the ISO speed of the film; for example, using ISO 200 film, an aperture of f/16 and a shutter speed of 1/200 second. The f-number may then be adjusted downwards for situations with lower light.

Comment

• I'm self taught as well, so no worries my friend haha. I would leave the F stop where it is, you could bring it down a touch, although I have no idea what lens it was with or any of the settings. But I would bring the shutter speed down a bit too. Not a lot, just a bit. Utilize the feature on the camera, in the view finder you should see some little bars moving as you move from a light area to a darker area, make sure the bar is in the middle when you take the pic, maybe a bit over or under, depending on the lighting. But that will make sure that your exposures are always in the right area, enough that its easily fixed with minor editing.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Photography forum for photos, RT for Randomness.

Food was good.

Comment

• Just using the A-Dep feature on my Canon 1000D, with the Aux lens and a screw on semi fisheye for that shot. I don't want to try to mess with adjusting f stop and shutter speed until I have a really good understanding of how to use them to compliment one another and understand what kind of settings produce what kind of exposures and all that.
                    Don't see the light meter in my view finder...
                    Christof Goulart
                    FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

• It may sound absurd...but don’t be naive
                      Even heroes have the right to bleed
                      I may be disturbed...but won’t you concede
                      Even heroes have the right to dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                        It may sound absurd...but don’t be naive
                        Even heroes have the right to bleed
                        I may be disturbed...but won’t you concede
                        Even heroes have the right to dream
                        GHEY.
                        Nah, just kid. Gewt song.

Anyone ever listen to, "The Dead Weather"?
                        Christof Goulart
                        FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

• Was on teh radio...

Comment

• Originally posted by runningpanda View Post
                            Just using the A-Dep feature on my Canon 1000D, with the Aux lens and a screw on semi fisheye for that shot. I don't want to try to mess with adjusting f stop and shutter speed until I have a really good understanding of how to use them to compliment one another and understand what kind of settings produce what kind of exposures and all that.
                            Don't see the light meter in my view finder...
                            There should be a light meter in there. As far as learning what they do, the only way to learn is to mess around with them.

As far as the original I would have just done B&W and left it at that looks like the lighting is pretty good there.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Found a button that brings up the light meter.
                              I bought this camera from my sister, who bought it in europe, so I don't know all the features quite yet.
                              Christof Goulart
                              FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                                There should be a light meter in there. As far as learning what they do, the only way to learn is to mess around with them.

As far as the original I would have just done B&W and left it at that looks like the lighting is pretty good there.
                                Nice mang. Thanks for the tips. Hopefully I'll be getting some books on photography for christmas. And I'll continue to screw around with settings and buttons, haha.
                                Christof Goulart
                                FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Working...
                                X