This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
    I was in a accident about 3 years ago too. Some guy pulled right out in front of me I t-boned him. Blew the windows out of his mini van and completly smashed my front end. He had a concussion and I walked away with just scratches. If I never had my seatbelt on, I wouldn't been here today. Totaled my 90' Accord, bought a 86.5 supra and thats how I started getting into cars.
    same thing happened to me... sorta. the first wreck i was in i was in my 05 rsx... full of fail. im so glad i got a z and got into the stance movement. best thing that has ever happened to to me. hhaa

04' 350z
    89' s13 Coupe - Sold

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
    That would liven things up a bit. I could go for a shooting right now.

Comment

• 5 in 7yrs
      speeding, speeding in a school zone, improper use of lane, illegal lane change, driving w/ suspended license

the last two are waiting for trial.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

I was in a accident about 3 years ago too. Some guy pulled right out in front of me I t-boned him. Blew the windows out of his mini van and completly smashed my front end. He had a concussion and I walked away with just scratches. If I never had my seatbelt on, I wouldn't been here today. Totaled my 90' Accord, bought a 86.5 supra and thats how I started getting into cars.
        Mhmm, sure dan.
        Pose for the frame

Comment

• Oh shit. I was told I was doing 64 in a 35 by the cop. The problem is, is that I was 1/8th of a mile from where I was at a complete stop the 0-60 distance on my car... 1/8th of a mile with perfect shifts, tires, road, no hills, etc. I Ground 2nd, and I was going up an incline... tell me that I was going 64... yeah ok..
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I had a cop try to label me as defensive and like uncooperative during a stop when i got pulled over for speeding. how do you get labeled defensive just by saying yes sir, and no sir?
            Pose for the frame

Comment

good luck man!

I got 1 speeding ticket in 4 years. That one tho made me loose my license for 6 months.
              Originally posted by prodigee View Post
              That is also what I am fighting I could lose my license for 2 months... What was your ticket for?
              Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
              I was doin fifty-five in a fifty-fo'

nah, I was going 85 in a 30. or something like that.
              Good luck, Prodigee, go on ExpertLaw forums for help.

And wait, what? 85 in a 30? What car was it?

Originally posted by PHAS3D View Post
              damn. I've had three tickets and a wreck and still have my licence. Nc laws for the win!
              You've been convicted of all 3 tickets?

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
              5 in 7yrs
              speeding, speeding in a school zone, improper use of lane, illegal lane change, driving w/ suspended license

the last two are waiting for trial.
              Oops, haha, why would you drive with a suspended license?

Originally posted by .:Heather:. View Post
              wtf is wrong with you....ha

ummm 3 speeding tickets over the course of 10 yrs
              I am just a kid who has a sporty car and I have not been convicted of any of the tickets, besides the first two, one of which is a Neg II deferred and a car wreck where I took out/damaged some private property so I had no way of contesting the "mild speeding under condition" ticket I got.

I actually consider myself to be fairly careful (especially around turns, cities and other cars), it's just that the cops around here and I often have disputes over what is deemed "reasonable and prudent".

Originally posted by checkmate2006
              SPOCK your so young errr are you Sulu

Comment

• Well my first ticket of 17 over got lowered to 9. my next which was 24 over got dropped and my last which was 18 over i got dropped...

04' 350z
                89' s13 Coupe - Sold

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                That would liven things up a bit. I could go for a shooting right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by prodigee View Post
                  Oh shit. I was told I was doing 64 in a 35 by the cop. The problem is, is that I was 1/8th of a mile from where I was at a complete stop the 0-60 distance on my car... 1/8th of a mile with perfect shifts, tires, road, no hills, etc. I Ground 2nd, and I was going up an incline... tell me that I was going 64... yeah ok..
                  You'd want to fight all your tickets, no matter what, and you might want to prepare more arguments dissuading proof of your violation than just that.

Because even if you can't specifically reach 64 mph in that situation doesn't mean you haven't broken the law. 35 mph is really easy to exceed, and the prosecutors can get you for that.

Originally posted by Ezze90 View Post
                  I had a cop try to label me as defensive and like uncooperative during a stop when i got pulled over for speeding. how do you get labeled defensive just by saying yes sir, and no sir?
                  That's why I either play dumb all the time when I get pulled over or speak a foreign language and pretend I don't understand a word of Engurish.

(Tried it once, they called a backup with a translator, then I switched langues on their ass, they had to call another backup, so the cop just gave up and let me go)

@PHAS23D, why weren't you able to get the first ticket dropped?

Comment

• I never got any points. just had to pay fines. minimum 109 here in pa
                    Pose for the frame

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlantian View Post
                      You'd want to fight all your tickets, no matter what, and you might want to prepare more arguments dissuading proof of your violation than just that.

Because even if you can't specifically reach 64 mph in that situation doesn't mean you haven't broken the law. 35 mph is really easy to exceed, and the prosecutors can get you for that.

That's why I either play dumb all the time when I get pulled over or speak a foreign language and pretend I don't understand a word of Engurish.

(Tried it once, they called a backup with a translator, then I switched langues on their ass, they had to call another backup, so the cop just gave up and let me go)
                      haha, if i knew enough of arabic or something I'd go to town with that, but i don't hah. I should get on that actually....
                      Pose for the frame

Comment

• Originally posted by Ezze90 View Post
                        I never got any points. just had to pay fines. minimum 109 here in pa
                        So nothing goes on your driving record, like the 3 strikes rule or whatever?

And insurance companies still try to gyp the fuck out of you (if you are a young person) if they see anything anyways.

My insurance agent sat me down for a face to face, and she said that their firm has been keeping an eye on me, they know how many tickets I've had by looking at my public court record. But they can't do shit to my insurance premium.

She said that if I get convicted for any tickets, even minor ones, they will jack up my premium and blackball me so that I would get higher insurance rates if I switched (I've already wanted to switch because my rate is 3000 per year under my parents, and I have a pretty clean record, so the insurance company is just fucking me for money they lost because of me).

haha, if i knew enough of arabic or something I'd go to town with that, but i don't hah. I should get on that actually....
                        Haha, Just make sure you have a friend of the same ethnicity as you in the car that you can play off of.
                        Last edited by Atlantian; 05-04-2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Well I have a lawyer and what not because they gave me a misdemeanor for it.. Which is total BS because there is no reason for it because I wasn't going 30+ the limit which would constitute reckless driving, which would be a misdemeanor but anything under that means that I should not get a misdemeanor (this is all from the lawyer btw). So basically the lawyer said we should have a pretty easy case and I shouldn't really have to worry too much about anything more than a small fine.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

So nothing goes on your driving record, like the 3 strikes rule or whatever?

And insurance companies still try to gyp the fuck out of you (if you are a young person) if they see anything anyways.

My insurance agent sat me down for a face to face, and she said that their firm has been keeping an eye on me, they know how many tickets I've had by looking at my public court record. But they can't do shit to my insurance premium.

She said that if I get convicted for any tickets, even minor ones, they will jack up my premium and blackball me so that I would get higher insurance rates if I switched (I've already wanted to switch because my rate is 3000 per year under my parents, and I have a pretty clean record, so the insurance company is just fucking me for money they lost because of me).

Haha, Just make sure you have a friend of the same ethnicity as you in the car that you can play off of.
                            My prices still went up lol. I think its like 3.2k a year for me. It sucks. I was so mad when my rents told me my rate went up
                            Pose for the frame

Comment

• Originally posted by prodigee View Post
                              Well I have a lawyer and what not because they gave me a misdemeanor for it.. Which is total BS because there is no reason for it because I wasn't going 30+ the limit which would constitute reckless driving, which would be a misdemeanor but anything under that means that I should not get a misdemeanor (this is all from the lawyer btw). So basically the lawyer said we should have a pretty easy case and I shouldn't really have to worry too much about anything more than a small fine.
                              Haha... wait, what? It's that easy to get charged with reckless driving? I've read that almost anything regarding a traffic violation can be considered RD in Virginia.. If I go to visit friends on the east coast I'll go ahead and rent a Prius so I can just blame it on Toyota if need be... :P

If I were you, though, I would try to take if farther and get the whole thing dropped as in you never were speeding, never was breaking any laws, didn't wrong the city of... where ever that happened, and they had no case against you.

I always go with the fact that the SMD was faulty, and it wasn't tuned under certification and the tuning forks were likely dropped and weren't certified in the paperworks backing the radar gun.

And I also use stuff like unsigned lines swearing that the officer is telling the truth etc, or if they didn't fill out my car's style or color (I know a whole ton of kids driving 190es, you sure it wasn't that girl who flew past us when you had me pulled over, officer?).

My prices still went up lol. I think its like 3.2k a year for me. It sucks. I was so mad when my rents told me my rate went up
                              Yeah, that's why you should *always* fight a ticket..

Comment

• Oh I have it all planned, and there was indeed a silver car that passed me on the right hand side where he allegedly lasered me.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X