This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by prodigee View Post
    My day has been "ehhh" so far I have to take my Penn State Placement test when I get home, which is going to take 3 hours. FML.
    Placement test suck. Mine took 5 hours.

-Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
      Placement test suck. Mine took 5 hours.
      That's really not what I wanted to hear haha. Did you have to do it all at once?

Oh and I really **** my parents right now, I have been saving for several months for a DSLR (getting a 50D) and I finally have enough to get one, and my parents are like "Oh you can't buy one, we are going to get you one for graduation gift..." First of all I DON'T want them to buy it for me because they will certainly get a XSi or something like that because they don't realize the differences, second because I would much rather get some glass rather for graduation that way I can actually use something other than the kit lens, third, I DONT WANT THEM TO get me anything for graduation unless its cash, because I **** it when people buy me things, and its entirely the wrong thing but you can't return it because it offends them. And thats exactly what my parents will say if they get me a XSi and I wanted a 50D. God I fucking **** it, right as I am about to get it, they are like oh no after 6 months of saying thats fine.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

That's really not what I wanted to hear haha. Did you have to do it all at once?

Oh and I really **** my parents right now, I have been saving for several months for a DSLR (getting a 50D) and I finally have enough to get one, and my parents are like "Oh you can't buy one, we are going to get you one for graduation gift..." First of all I DON'T want them to buy it for me because they will certainly get a XSi or something like that because they don't realize the differences, second because I would much rather get some glass rather for graduation that way I can actually use something other than the kit lens, third, I DONT WANT THEM TO get me anything for graduation unless its cash, because I **** it when people buy me things, and its entirely the wrong thing but you can't return it because it offends them. And thats exactly what my parents will say if they get me a XSi and I wanted a 50D. God I fucking **** it, right as I am about to get it, they are like oh no after 6 months of saying thats fine.
        I took 2 math test, a writing test, a vocab test, and a reading test.

-Dan

Comment

• ummm...Kielan, why don't you tell them exactly what you want??

Comment

• Originally posted by .:Heather:. View Post
            ummm...Kielan, why don't you tell them exactly what you want??
            Because I have and they still fuck it up. My parents are cheapskates and if they can find or think they have found a way to get something that looks SIMILAR they will do that instead of doing what was explicitly said. I have had so many of these issues in the past with them that I would rather they don't get me anything at all (unless its just straight cash cause you really can't fuck that up). I just can't stand how all of a sudden right as I am about to buy something, they say I can't. Its my fucking money that I have saved and worked for, let me spend it how I please, they do it so why can't I...
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• So why not specifically ask for a D50 and show them pictures, explain how it's different from an XSI and the other entry level DSLRs, and emphasize that you want that specific one and that the others are not the same and therefore not what you want? Or just ask for cash to save everyone the trouble.

Or you can just move out and live on your own. If you're living with your parents and they're supporting you, at the end of the day what they say goes and the only way to make it better is to work with them

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
              Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

• Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                So why not specifically ask for a D50 and show them pictures, explain how it's different from an XSI and the other entry level DSLRs, and emphasize that you want that specific one and that the others are not the same and therefore not what you want? Or just ask for cash to save everyone the trouble.

Or you can just move out and live on your own. If you're living with your parents and they're supporting you, at the end of the day what they say goes and the only way to make it better is to work with them
                Trust me I can't wait to be out of here and at college if I were 18 I would have been out a long time ago. I have asked for cash and they were like "Well where is the sense in that, its such an impersonal gift" Which basically made me say this "..."
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Trust me I can't wait to be out of here and at college if I were 18 I would have been out a long time ago. I have asked for cash and they were like "Well where is the sense in that, its such an impersonal gift" Which basically made me say this "..."
                  I ask for cash or car parts for everything.

-Dan

Comment

• I am gunna try my hand at saying give me cash if anything again tonight.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I am gunna try my hand at saying give me cash if anything again tonight.
                      It wont work UNLESS you pull the ill be in college and want to save for books and stuff card. Thats what I did and then spend $2000 in car parts plus a macbook.

-Dan

Comment

It wont work UNLESS you pull the ill be in college and want to save for books and stuff card. Thats what I did and then spend $2000 in car parts plus a macbook.

Or in my case spending half of it on camera shit and the other half saving for the NA Miata I WILL BE buying when I turn 18.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Or in my case spending half of it on camera shit and the other half saving for the NA Miata I WILL BE buying when I turn 18.
                          There you go, you get the idea. Are you having a graduation party? I HIGHLY recommend having one with just your family. I mean everyone in your family that way they give you money.

-Dan

Comment

There you go, you get the idea. Are you having a graduation party? I HIGHLY recommend having one with just your family. I mean everyone in your family that way they give you money.
                            I prob am knowing my Mom who can't seem to grasp the fact that I am going to college next year... I really didn't want one but I am sure it will happen, (even though my relatives I know are already giving me $$$ for graduating).
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I prob am knowing my Mom who can't seem to grasp the fact that I am going to college next year... I really didn't want one but I am sure it will happen, (even though my relatives I know are already giving me $$$ for graduating).
                              I didnt want a party either, but my mom gave me one. People were there that I didnt even know. She invited all my family from both my dad and her side, plus all her friends and their friends. I had like 200-300 people there I think? After everyone left and I finished counting the money, im glad she did. And yeah, moms cant seam to grasp the fact that your going away to college. Expect a lot of crying and phone calls within the first week.

-Dan

Comment

• She cried when I went to Penn State for a weekend I don't even want to imagine what it will be like when I actually get there for real.

I doubt there will be anywhere near 200 people at my graduation party, probably more like 50 AT MOST.

The party I am looking forward to is the party my friends are throwing the night of graduation, THAT should be epic.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X