This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Starbucks is gonna start closing down this year
    |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
    Drama you are like god
    Originally posted by SwearBear
    Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

• I personally think that Starbucks sucks ass, I prefer DD over them any day, Starbucks burns the shit out of their coffee, hell I don't really like DD that much, but seeing as its that or Starbucks around here DD it is. The best coffee IMO is from little cafe's in Little Italy or in Italy. Thats just how it is. Its not overly bitter, never burned, its perfect.

They take it as an insult if you have to add a whole bunch of stuff to your coffee, like absurd amounts of sugar/vanilla/cinnamon/whatever it may be. They pride themselves on making the perfect cup of coffee. Really are the best, and aren't expensive. (but you have to be in the city to get it, or in Italy)... So its the rare occasion I get one of those.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• starbucks is a classic case of over expansion and furthermore over expansion into a market which has recently become highly saturated. hence why starbucks has had to close so many stores. personally, i like dd more than starbucks but dd isn't very convenient where i live so i'm forced to drink the highly acidic, mediocre starbucks crap.
        I used to be famous.

somewhere between I want it and I got it.

Comment

• I think i bought like a vanilla smoothie there for about $6.....gay

Drama you are like god
          Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by punkhop83 View Post
            i am perfectly happy with 7-11 iced coffee... its good and cheap!
            7-11 iced coffee > starbucks > dd.

just sayin'.
            Sam | SICKTRACKS

Comment

• Originally posted by Uyles View Post
              7-11 iced coffee > starbucks > dd.

just sayin'.
              truth!

Comment

• What's a good, cheap headunit you guys recommend?
                Double or single din, doesn't matter as long as it's cheap.
                Sam | SICKTRACKS

Comment

• Interesting lil fact:

So, as we all know, the majority of coffee beans grown come out of Columbia (We are speaking the majority, of course their grown everywhere.) Out of 100% of beans sold:

Top 10% goes to Columbia (you think the druglords are going to pay a premium for them?)
                  Next 20% goes to gormet places across the world
                  Next 30% goes to Europe
                  Next 30% goes to big chains in America, Eastern countries (DD fits in this target area)

Guess he purchases from the bottom 10% of the barrel? You guessed it:

STARBUCKS

They buy the buttom of the barrel to say that they still buy Columbian, but have been buying from the buttom for a while to increase their margins. Frankly, it is the one thing keeping them alive, as they have over-franchised. The brand is still as strong as ever. Which is why people go in everyday and pay the outrageous prices they ask for with smiles on their faces.. sometimes 2-3 times per day.

So the next time you feel inferior because you can't justify $4 bucks for a cup of joe at SB, just remember that the $1.25 cup at DD is not only cheaper, but is better quality then the cup that snob in the 335 convertible is drinking

(Disclaimer: Percentages and breakdowns are presented as generalities, not exact statistics.. the interesting fact being that SB does indeed purchase from the buttom of the columbian bean-growing-barrel.)

Comment

• <<---- I am anti SB. Never cared for them

Comment

• Just walked into a room full of chearleaders

Drama you are like god

Comment

• SB tastes like hot sugar water.

One advantage to being in Anchorage is the smaller chains outnumber that terrible coffee. I wish we had some decent taco stands up here though. I <3 taco stand Tuesdays
                        Flickr | blogZ

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew@openroad View Post
                          starbucks is a classic case of over expansion and furthermore over expansion into a market which has recently become highly saturated. hence why starbucks has had to close so many stores. personally, i like dd more than starbucks but dd isn't very convenient where i live so i'm forced to drink the highly acidic, mediocre starbucks crap.
                          NOW you tell me after we've hung out and chatted numerous times at SB....men...jeeeesh

Comment

• starbucks has a good caramel frappuccino and im not sure about dd but,
                            I will say i once had their raspberry iced tea, and i have never purchased a drink there since
                            0_o

Comment

• Originally posted by Drama View Post
                              Just walked into a room full of chearleaders
                              So you posted on SW... What is wrong with you man. Action first, pics and post 2nd.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• My dad randomly told me hes taking me and my girlfriend on a cruise to the bahamas for a week.

-Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X