This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha alright....

Yeah I didnt want to say too much on vic, but yeah wheeltech basically said that the ssr lips are useless, and to just get the new lips made front and back, or to try find another set of wheels with the lips I want, cause the bolt pattern is 32, very common.

But Ill just get whitehorse to make them. Once I have the specs all drawn up Im going to actually drive over to whitehorse to talk to them about it.

On another note, Dave do you deal with wheel hardware at all? I want to get a set of spikes for the 3pc studs instead of bolts...
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Oh yeah, and Roman, If I priced up a one off set of wheels, would you be interested? :ninja:

Comment

• what did they say was wrong with the SSR lips?

is that coz they are welded together?
        Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• what kind of a 1 off set of wheels? from whitehorse?

Comment

• Spikes are gay, get bolts.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• nah, we dont deal with wheel hardware here
              Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• For whatever reason, I imagined this being said in like an old western type voice lol.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                  what did they say was wrong with the SSR lips?

is that coz they are welded together?
                  Yeah because they are welded, by the time I pay a machinist to macine them apart, its just easier to get whitehorse to make new ones. Plus if I ever wanted to sell them, I could sell them with the genuine lips, if people were weak and wanted the original specs.

Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                  what kind of a 1 off set of wheels? from whitehorse?
                  One of my mates is a gun on solidworks, which is a cad program, I was thinking about designing a center and getting whitehorse to machine it...

Would have to see how much they want first... If its reasonable Ill consider doing it, if not Ill just save up for some of those new rotiforms

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                    Spikes are gay, get bolts.
                    maybe over there where everyone uses them, but here not many people rebuild 3pc wheels, let alone have new lips machined etc.

People would fap.

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                    nah, we dont deal with wheel hardware here
                    All good, Thought Id ask, no harm

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                    For whatever reason, I imagined this being said in like an old western type voice lol.
                    For whatever reason, You come across as a flaming homosexual.

Comment

• just got an order from a crim in melbourne

Comment

• Bahahaha...

What they order?

Comment

• i may be interested pending on price and wheel center design

are you serious that they complained about the barrels being welded

how much are you paying for new inner barrels?

once my SSRs get here i'm taking out the angle grinder and cutting the front lip off
                          then gona find someone to machine the rest of the lip off, coz i'm never gona run them to stock spec, if people want to buy them they should have a cup of cement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                            Bahahaha...

What they order?
                            koni fsd and eibach springs for a 1 series bmw

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                              i may be interested pending on price and wheel center design

are you serious that they complained about the barrels being welded

how much are you paying for new inner barrels?

once my SSRs get here i'm taking out the angle grinder and cutting the front lip off
                              then gona find someone to machine the rest of the lip off, coz i'm never gona run them to stock spec, if people want to buy them they should have a cup of cement
                              Im going to price it up and iff its too damn expensive, Ill just cut them up. Ill need new ones for the 9"s though, so we'll see.

Wheeltech were interested in helping, just dodnt want the hastle of measuring it all up, putting the order through to WH etc which to me = laziness. I told Laurence Money was no object, and he still didnt want to do it all... So really, I might just end up doing it myself haha. No point in letting them take any credit for it if all they are going to do is refurb the centers.

As for custom wheels, Ill see.

I like the cement line... In reality, this is true.

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                              koni fsd and eibach springs for a 1 series bmw
                              hmmm.... interesting....

Comment

• fuck exam 2moro is gona be a fucking drainer

Comment

Working...
                                X