This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New carpet, it's very nice.

Edit: Good to see you with an account, Andrew.
    Last edited by Samuel L. Jackson; 03-28-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I started it because I wanted to talk about this interview I got today.

Aaaaaand it panned out to be nothing. Although I killed the interview, which is really good for me, because that's my weakest part of the application process.

I have a strong-ish resume for what I want to do, now I just need to bust my ass and get out there and apply en masse.

Originally posted by Rob&co
      MOCK MY FUCKING SPELLED WRONG WORDS PAL!

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewFromTheInternet View Post
        I do have a degree......

...in English.

Writing/editing/journalism are about what I have, unless I force my way into publishing and bust my ass to become a literary agent. But at 27, without any publishing agency experience, that's tough to get into, if not impossible at this point.

Same goes for advertising copywriting, which I think I'd excel at. I just can't afford another degree, nor can I afford any sort of unpaid internship, thanks to private student loans and my fucking car. Car can't sell for what I owe on it right now, thanks to piling up mileage driving to and from FMU every day.

So I don't have a whole lot to work with here. That said, I'm still busting ass at Total 911, and with the right conditions I should be able to stick in or around automotive journalism for the rest of my life. That's really my biggest passion.

If I could write for R&T, Automobile, C&D, Jalopnik, any of those...that'd be it for me.
        Have you sent your 911 articles to other magazines as an example of your work and to show that youre already published?
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• I will hire you to write for me. Can't just use other peoples essays in law school so i'm fucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewFromTheInternet View Post
            I do have a degree......

...in English.

Writing/editing/journalism are about what I have, unless I force my way into publishing and bust my ass to become a literary agent. But at 27, without any publishing agency experience, that's tough to get into, if not impossible at this point.

Same goes for advertising copywriting, which I think I'd excel at. I just can't afford another degree, nor can I afford any sort of unpaid internship, thanks to private student loans and my fucking car. Car can't sell for what I owe on it right now, thanks to piling up mileage driving to and from FMU every day.

So I don't have a whole lot to work with here. That said, I'm still busting ass at Total 911, and with the right conditions I should be able to stick in or around automotive journalism for the rest of my life. That's really my biggest passion.

If I could write for R&T, Automobile, C&D, Jalopnik, any of those...that'd be it for me.
            :facepalm

Kids these days.
            Just because you have a degree in English doesn't mean the only job you can get is in writing or teaching.

I'm sure writing would be a super kewl thing to do for a hipster like you, but you don't know anyone apparently. And I'm guessing its one of those industries where you have to know someone or start at the very bottom.
            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Welp took off the rear valances
              I'm going to clean off the rest of the residue and take care of some other shit on saturday but I think I'm good to go on sunday
              fuck ya

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                Welp took off the rear valances
                I'm going to clean off the rest of the residue and take care of some other shit on saturday but I think I'm good to go on sunday
                fuck ya
                nice. Ive got shirts and stickers to deliver that day too

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                  nice. Ive got shirts and stickers to deliver that day too
                  No wai!
                  I'm supposed to pick up some shirts on sunday.

Comment

No wai!
                    I'm supposed to pick up some shirts on sunday.
                    thats some kind of whacky easter miracle. maybe there is a god!

Comment

• fucking fuck
                      might need to take a slight detour on sunday

Comment

fucking fuck
                        might need to take a slight detour on sunday
                        http://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/3708782371.html
                        thats like 4 years out of the way

Comment

• Hell yeah gimme my tshirt. I'm still waiting to buy our "special" run of tshirts.

Also, whats up guys.
                          Originally posted by Oxer
                          people are such stupid cunts.
                          fuck everybody.
                          Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                          listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
                          Originally posted by Dudermagee
                          You're stupid.

Comment

thats like 4 years out of the way
                            lol for some reason I thought it was on the waylololol

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
                              Hell yeah gimme my tshirt. I'm still waiting to buy our "special" run of tshirts.

Also, whats up guys.
                              yours is packed and leaving tomorrow morning. should have it monday i would think

Comment

yours is packed and leaving tomorrow morning. should have it monday i would think
                                I'm putting it on and wearing that bitch to work.
                                Originally posted by Oxer
                                people are such stupid cunts.
                                fuck everybody.
                                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                                listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
                                Originally posted by Dudermagee
                                You're stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X