X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
    Hows the shop been doing?
    Mine or JC's?

We've been good. A couple, um, HR issues right now personally, but otherwise we're doing just dandy! The LS1-Subaru kid is coming in today to hear the car start up for the first time. Should be a fun day.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
      Mine or JC's?

We've been good. A couple, um, HR issues right now personally, but otherwise we're doing just dandy! The LS1-Subaru kid is coming in today to hear the car start up for the first time. Should be a fun day.
      I would have punched her in the throat and then demanded a raise. When she asked why, you tell her it's because "I'm Andrew from the internet".
      people are such stupid cunts.
      fuck everybody.
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
      Originally posted by Dudermagee
      You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
        Also, bought some Evaporust stuff from Advanced Auto Parts, its suppose to dissolve rust on metals. For 8 dollars I said fuck it and lets give it a shot. Stripped all the nuts and bolts to my wheels, let them soak in this Evaporust stuff and the next day go figure. 100% of the rust is gone. I am fucking shocked.
        I'll have to try that shit.
        Originally posted by jdel View Post
        I would have punched her in the throat and then demanded a raise. When she asked why, you tell her it's because "I'm Andrew from the internet".
        Meanwhile, in Daveworld
        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
        Originally posted by Ollie
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• You have a massive internet following which helps promote the business, you should get a raise for saving them money on marketing Andrew.
          Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Well, we'll see. I did some calculations, and if they wanted me here as a freelancer, based on all the work I currently do at my current rates, they'd need to pay me about double. So....there's that. Whatever. Until then, I'm just going to do my job and keep on keepin' on. I'm tired of being pissed off and losing good sleep over crap like this. It's all trifles in the grand scheme of things.

In other news, I've decided to wait a bit on the coilovers and order more future-proofing maintenance parts for my car. Clutch and lightened flywheel (both Exedy) should arrive here today. My goal is to get as many parts compiled as I can, so that parts costs are already sunk if (god forbid) I need to get any work done at a different shop. This way, I can save up for labor costs if that happens, since the parts have already been paid for.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• Did you get the Exedy stuff at trade price?

Comment

• I meant Jaze's shop but it's good to hear Andrew. Starting to compile my parts. Got my skid plate all painted up, new pads, rotors, sensors, and brake fluid, just ordered my tires, got some free 10mm spacers for my rear, wheels are getting polished this sunday and I just gotta paint my faces and bolts.

All in the next month or so.

Comment

• It is 1:22am, so I'm off to try and get some kind of sleep///

laters

Comment

• Northeast people's, I'm searching for a car in the sub-$1500 range. Help me.
                    fuck everybody.
                    You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                      Did you get the Exedy stuff at trade price?
                      Oh yes. I get everything for my car at FMU pricing.

Clutch + 8lb flywheel combination was only $418, about $200 less than MSRP.

Next up is summer tires.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• Well I'm off to go finish this quarter panel and respray some jams.

Peace out

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
                          Northeast people's, I'm searching for a car in the sub-$1500 range. Help me.
                          1995-1997 Honda Accord. Honda's tanks. Plentiful, cheap, and run forever- the 5-speeds aren't bad cars at all.

My '96 sedan had over 205k on it when I sold it.
                          Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                          Oh yes. I get everything for my car at FMU pricing.

Clutch + 8lb flywheel combination was only $418, about $200 less than MSRP.

Next up is summer tires.
                          You will absolutely love the lightweight flywheel. I have an 8lbs flywheel and Competition Clutch stage 2 kit in my Prelude. By far the best combo I have ever used.
                          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                          Originally posted by Ollie
                          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                            1995-1997 Honda Accord. Honda's tanks. Plentiful, cheap, and run forever- the 5-speeds aren't bad cars at all.

My '96 sedan had over 205k on it when I sold it.

You will absolutely love the lightweight flywheel. I have an 8lbs flywheel and Competition Clutch stage 2 kit in my Prelude. By far the best combo I have ever used.
                            No I meant something I can actually do stuff to. Not a Honda.
                            fuck everybody.
                            You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                              Yep! I stuck with OEM Exedy for the clutch, only because I'm not making extra power so the enhanced clamping force of even a Stage 1 would be overkill and just lead to a quicker clutch replacement the next time around. My OEM clutch is almost over 100k, and this is the car I learned stick on, so I'd say the status quo works well enough for me.

But I most definitely will appreciate the quicker revs and reduced rev hang. God damn drive by wire.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                              www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• Morning all.

Comment

Working...
                                X