This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    UK prices are in pounds, so they're more than you think lol, I was also just saying that shipping will be expensive.
    I retract my previous statement then. 375 lbs is about $575 US dollars. Still 4 wheels would be just under $2400, similar to CCW pricing. Shipping is what would kill you.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
      If I have my way, the streets around Elmwood Park in Chicago will be littered with bodies.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mHlkL4U.jpg[IMG]

This isn't how things should go. Apparently there's a chop shop operating out of a Velasquez Muffler shop at Addison + Pulaski in the city, and they stripped Nick's car entirely the day they stole it. Some girl associated with the group of thieves posts stolen parts on FB to sell once they chop the car. Everything is gone, from his longboard to his Key!s wheel, to the Top Setup B16B swap. Everything.

Some random friends of Nick's found it driving around like this last night. Word on the street is that the group responsible for this has stolen, chopped and dumped three Civics at a single house this week. They got arrested for this exact practice earlier, but only served a month of jail time. They were released very, very recently. So they picked up an unmarked black tow truck and started jacking cars again.

Cops are investigating right now, but if nothing comes of it, I could use a little bit of exhaust work, and I hear Velasquez is the place to go.
      What in the actual fuck.

Isn't there a way to prove some kind of charge for grand theft auto, and the overall total cost of the property? That has to be be at least $10k in parts they stole.

That has got to be my absolute worst fear. I hope your buddy comes out of this okay and justice is served, but I'm losing faith in humanity.
      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
      Originally posted by Ollie
      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

If I have my way, the streets around Elmwood Park in Chicago will be littered with bodies.

This isn't how things should go. Apparently there's a chop shop operating out of a Velasquez Muffler shop at Addison + Pulaski in the city, and they stripped Nick's car entirely the day they stole it. Some girl associated with the group of thieves posts stolen parts on FB to sell once they chop the car. Everything is gone, from his longboard to his Key!s wheel, to the Top Setup B16B swap. Everything.

Some random friends of Nick's found it driving around like this last night. Word on the street is that the group responsible for this has stolen, chopped and dumped three Civics at a single house this week. They got arrested for this exact practice earlier, but only served a month of jail time. They were released very, very recently. So they picked up an unmarked black tow truck and started jacking cars again.

Cops are investigating right now, but if nothing comes of it, I could use a little bit of exhaust work, and I hear Velasquez is the place to go.
        Would thieves still do shit like this if they thought every person in Chicago was carrying a gun? Fuck, just pass the law already. Crime would drop if criminals thought there might be a chance of getting shot at by good samaritans.

Thank god I live in the suburbs, my car would be gone already if I lived around the city.
        BMW E38
        That White Evo
        -SOLD
        instagram @kbuss
        flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
          If I had the money I'd widen the Wald's then get some BBM's.

I'd also love some Impul Silhouettes.
          I'm probably just going to get some used wheels and rebuild to my specs
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
            What in the actual fuck.

Isn't there a way to prove some kind of charge for grand theft auto, and the overall total cost of the property? That has to be be at least $10k in parts they stole.

That has got to be my absolute worst fear. I hope your buddy comes out of this okay and justice is served, but I'm losing faith in humanity.
            Justice will be served one way or another, that I can assure you. However, the cops obviously get first dibs, since we live in a civilized society (kind of). Rest assured, they will get theirs somehow.

That car had thousands dumped into it. It was his highway cruiser. That car was so much fun. And it meant the world to him. This is becoming standard practice in the suburbs around Chicago. Fucking asshole cholos rolling around in tow trucks, stealing Civics Evos and S2ks, and driving them back to Chicago in the dead of night.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
            I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Justice will be served one way or another, that I can assure you. However, the cops obviously get first dibs, since we live in a civilized society (kind of). Rest assured, they will get theirs somehow.

That car had thousands dumped into it. It was his highway cruiser. That car was so much fun. And it meant the world to him. This is becoming standard practice in the suburbs around Chicago. Fucking asshole cholos rolling around in tow trucks, stealing Civics Evos and S2ks, and driving them back to Chicago in the dead of night.
              I can tell you for a fact Evos are easy to steal without a tow truck. It would take all of 3 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                I can tell you for a fact Evos are easy to steal without a tow truck. It would take all of 3 minutes.
                Yeah apparently ECU swapping is super easy with them.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                  Thank god my driveway is 100 yards long surrounded by trees and my car is in a garage with two of the lightest sleeping dogs ever.
                  BMW E38
                  That White Evo
                  -SOLD
                  instagram @kbuss
                  flickr

Comment

• I think there is a fix for that.

But every modified car should have a switch to turn off the fuel pump, wheel locks, tilt sensor\alarm, steering wheel quick disconnect, and if its parked on the street you should get some wheel boots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                      I think there is a fix for that.

But every modified car should have a switch to turn off the fuel pump, wheel locks, tilt sensoralarm, steering wheel quick disconnect, and if its parked on the street you should get some wheel boots.
                      The tilt sensor would have been the only thing to get the alarm going, since they just rolled up and stole the car on a tow truck. The fuel pump wouldn't have mattered, and he did have wheel locks; I imagine they drilled through them.

I think he may still have his wheel, since he DOES disconnect it every night and brings it inside. I just haven't asked him since I don't want to be too curious.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• You guys are a constant reminder of why I will never live near the city.

I'm pissed off about this and it's not even my car.
                        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                        Originally posted by Ollie
                        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

The tilt sensor would have been the only thing to get the alarm going, since they just rolled up and stole the car on a tow truck. The fuel pump wouldn't have mattered, and he did have wheel locks; I imagine they drilled through them.

I think he may still have his wheel, since he DOES disconnect it every night and brings it inside. I just haven't asked him since I don't want to be too curious.
                          Wheel boots would have done it man.
                          2 one for each side

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                            You guys are a constant reminder of why I will never live near the city.

I'm pissed off about this and it's not even my car.
                            I live in a nice town away from the city. I keep my car in a garage, I'm still going to lock that shit the fuck up with everything I just said

Comment

Yeah apparently ECU swapping is super easy with them.
                              That would take longer
                              and involved tearing out interior panels. I am not going to put it on a forum but it is truly simple.

Originally posted by kbuss View Post
                              Thank god my driveway is 100 yards long surrounded by trees and my car is in a garage with two of the lightest sleeping dogs ever.
                              If they want it they will get it. Thing about a driveway that long is it conceals stuff giving them more time.

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                              I think there is a fix for that.

But every modified car should have a switch to turn off the fuel pump, wheel locks, tilt sensor\alarm, steering wheel quick disconnect, and if its parked on the street you should get some wheel boots.

exactly

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                              I live in a nice town away from the city. I keep my car in a garage, I'm still going to lock that shit the fuck up with everything I just said
                              Thieves know no boundarys.

This girl just came into class reaking of stale cheap cigarettes I want to puke.

Comment

• Line locks would have stopped it from being towed away, or at least alerts someone with the screetching of the tires

Comment

Working...
                                X