This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Samuel L. Jackson View Post
    Hot damn. Mike's e9 is BMW Performance's car of the year.
    There is a rather large difference between what you just said, and what you meant to say.

Performance BMW, is what you meant.

Also, Kyle, the cost of living in California, is undeniably less than what is here.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Fuck this snow

Comment

• Originally posted by M0ar.Stickers View Post
        sounds like you need to GTFO of that business then.
        it doesnt make a difference what i do. i just tend to get fucked over by everything and everyone
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          There is a rather large difference between what you just said, and what you meant to say.

Also, Kyle, the cost of living in California, is undeniably less than what is here.
          living in Orange County would be the same as living in the area I grew up in

Comment

truth. and we have some o the highest paying wages in the country.
            I'm a mercenary for the restaurant industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiniMaleDriver View Post
              Fuck this snow
              its a bunch of bullfuck

Comment

truth. and we have some o the highest paying wages in the country.
                Meh. High cost of living means that high pay (if you can actually get a job that gives you that pay) means nothing. Especially when the state taxes the fuck out of you.
                Originally posted by Oxer
                people are such stupid cunts.
                fuck everybody.
                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
                Originally posted by Dudermagee
                You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                  living in Orange County would be the same as living in the area I grew up in
                  Which would probably be less than here. Lol, fairfield county is fucking NUTS.
                  Originally posted by jdel View Post
                  Meh. High cost of living means that high pay (if you can actually get a job that gives you that pay) means nothing. Especially when the state taxes the fuck out of you.
                  Why don't you and Kyle start a country.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

yea, fairfield is pretty much the only area thats more expensive. I grew up in the Farmington Valley

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
                      im only familiar with the way the restaurant industry gets taxed. but for a server in CA, you get paid your 8 per hour plus whatever you make in tips. now youre taxed on the tips entered in as a credit transaction. however, if the person is somewhat knowledgeable of how the system works, they pay with a card and leave a cash tip. NO TAXES TAKEN. i know in states like texas, if you get paid in tips as well, they only pay you like 2.75 and hour.

Comment

im only familiar with the way the restaurant industry gets taxed. but for a server in CA, you get paid your 8 per hour plus whatever you make in tips. now youre taxed on the tips entered in as a credit transaction. however, if the person is somewhat knowledgeable of how the system works, they pay with a card and leave a cash tip. NO TAXES TAKEN. i know in states like texas, if you get paid in tips as well, they only pay you like 2.75 and hour.
                        here its $3 an hour plus tips

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                          here its $3 an hour plus tips
                          yeah, out here youre guaranteed your 8. unless you make more than that per hour

Comment

• oh sweet. another 8in of snow on weds

Comment

I only base what I say on personal experience. If I hadn't spent 2 years watching people struggle in NorCal I wouldn't say these things. I just think you are in for a rude awakening. College doesn't guarantee shit and at some point you have to go where the jobs actually are.
                              Originally posted by Oxer
                              people are such stupid cunts.
                              fuck everybody.
                              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                              listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
                              Originally posted by Dudermagee
                              You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
                                I only base what I say on personal experience. If I hadn't spent 2 years watching people struggle in NorCal I wouldn't say these things. I just think you are in for a rude awakening. College doesn't guarantee shit and at some point you have to go where the jobs actually are.
                                It was on a list of places that I'd like to live, people struggle everywhere. I understand that college doesn't guarantee anything, and obviously I will go where the jobs are, but in my particular area, that IS where the jobs are.

Also, you're mad.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X