This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long overdue.

That's either really positive, or they meant to fire you a long time ago but they pushed you into the basement, stopped your pay and forgot about you.

Have you been able to cash your checks?
    Originally posted by Oxer
    people are such stupid cunts.
    fuck everybody.
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
    Originally posted by Dudermagee
    You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
      that doesnt sound fun
      No. I had a panic attack in the middle of the night last night, and compound that with sleeping very little since Monday night ('cause of the road trip), and my brain is frazzled to high heaven.

If nothing comes of it, hey, awesome. It's First Look for Charity at the Chicago Auto Show tonight, and we're all going as a group. Black tie only, free champagne and fancy hors d'ouvres, going to be an absolute blast.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
        No. I had a panic attack in the middle of the night last night, and compound that with sleeping very little since Monday night ('cause of the road trip), and my brain is frazzled to high heaven.

If nothing comes of it, hey, awesome. It's First Look for Charity at the Chicago Auto Show tonight, and we're all going as a group. Black tie only, free champagne and fancy hors d'ouvres, going to be an absolute blast.
        that sounds like a killer event

in my experience, whenever someone says they want to talk, its always the worst possible outcome. but then again, I have the worst luck on the planet. never has it worked out in my favor.
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
          Long overdue.

That's either really positive, or they meant to fire you a long time ago but they pushed you into the basement, stopped your pay and forgot about you.

Have you been able to cash your checks?
          Of course. They wouldn't pull a Milton on me.

My middle-of-the-road idea is that I'm just going to get chewed out for not having 11 hours' worth of work to do every day. Which is not my fault. They nearly doubled my workload back in December and I can still fly through it every day in 5 hours. My job isn't really one that requires constant workloads, shop photography notwithstanding (I'm out in the garage for several hours a day as it is).

I doubt it's positive, but I'm a pessimistic person.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
          www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            Can't tell if I am still drunk, or just gunna throw up.
            I remember my first beer. Eat a banana. The potassium will help you steady out a little bit.
            Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
            I get an e-mail from Marilynn saying, "We'll need to talk when you get back. Long overdue."
            Dear women everywhere,

If you send men messages like, 'we need to talk', but refuse to allow for any further detail, we, as a collective group, should be allowed one falcon punch and/or kick to the teeth for causing emotional drama and paranoia.

-Men
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• I'm so glad you edited that. I was hoping you would catch the reference.

I can't imagine them doing anything. Your presence on this forum and on the FB (I'm assuming that's you as well) tends to be fantastic and I can't think of any time when I haven't enjoyed what you were posting about FMU.
              fuck everybody.
              You're stupid.

Comment

• ^^ No shit.

Thanks for getting me all in a huff about getting new towels for the bathroom.

Comment

Of course. They wouldn't pull a Milton on me.

My middle-of-the-road idea is that I'm just going to get chewed out for not having 11 hours' worth of work to do every day. Which is not my fault. They nearly doubled my workload back in December and I can still fly through it every day in 5 hours. My job isn't really one that requires constant workloads, shop photography notwithstanding (I'm out in the garage for several hours a day as it is).

I doubt it's positive, but I'm a pessimistic person.
                  at NAM, I spent about 80% of my day spinning around in my chair until i got dizzy or playing with post-it notes like a slinky

Comment

at NAM, I spent about 80% of my day spinning around in my chair until i got dizzy or playing with post-it notes like a slinky
                    You were in the war?
                    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                    Originally posted by Ollie
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Why am I not surprised?
                      fuck everybody.
                      You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                        You were in the war?
                        yea dude. we had roller coasters and shit where I was stationed

Comment

Why am I not surprised?
                          they tried to get me to wear a headset for the phone. i told them I couldnt, cause Id strangle myself to death when I spin in my chair.

Comment

I can't imagine them doing anything. Your presence on this forum and on the FB (I'm assuming that's you as well) tends to be fantastic and I can't think of any time when I haven't enjoyed what you were posting about FMU.
                            Everything that's written and put on the internet from this shop goes through me (minus Instagram and Twitter, that's Marzano). I'm the only one in this shop with a full working knowledge of grammar and sentence structure.

But I understand their priorities and financial workings as a business, and whatever happens will happen. Until then, I'm Schrödinger's Employee.

Part of me wants to get shitcanned. It might just be the kick in the ass I need to find a job that can pay commensurate with hours worked and vacation/sick days allowed. Right now I make about 10% less than similarly trained and positioned people, have 30% less paid vacation/sick time off, and work about 25% more. I'm getting tired of only being able to afford living at home.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

they tried to get me to wear a headset for the phone. i told them I couldnt, cause Id strangle myself to death when I spin in my chair.

I can't use the thing enough for this. I'm laughing out loud in the middle of an empty classroom.
                              fuck everybody.
                              You're stupid.

Comment

Everything that's written and put on the internet from this shop goes through me (minus Instagram and Twitter, that's Marzano). I'm the only one in this shop with a full working knowledge of grammar and sentence structure.

But I understand their priorities and financial workings as a business, and whatever happens will happen. Until then, I'm Schrödinger's Employee.

Part of me wants to get shitcanned. It might just be the kick in the ass I need to find a job that can pay commensurate with hours worked and vacation/sick days allowed. Right now I make about 10% less than similarly trained and positioned people, have 30% less paid vacation/sick time off, and work about 25% more. I'm getting tired of only being able to afford living at home.
                                walk in and demand a raise before anyone even says anything. that'll throw them off their game.

Comment

Working...
                                X