X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, are there places in Melbourne where you can take drifting lessons where they actually give you a car to learn in or do you need to bring your own car?

Originally posted by TRaNz
    yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
    They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

• i would say yes
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
        i would say yes
        Mmm, I would love to give drifting a go, I've always wanted to actually.

yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
        They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

lemme know if you go
          I want to do a Europe trip in a couple of years

Originally posted by Mr Von Smack View Post
          Hey, are there places in Melbourne where you can take drifting lessons where they actually give you a car to learn in or do you need to bring your own car?
          They have DriftSkills run by Vic Drift where they can teach you in your own car.

Or you can do the drift experience at HPF where they teach you to drift a 180sx on dirt.

I have done neither of those though, so can't say if the HPF one is any good.
          Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Von Smack View Post
            Mmm, I would love to give drifting a go, I've always wanted to actually.
            how old are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post

They have DriftSkills run by Vic Drift where they can teach you in your own car.

Or you can do the drift experience at HPF where they teach you to drift a 180sx on dirt.

I have done neither of those though, so can't say if the HPF one is any good.
              Hmm...I wanted to try the 'real' track sort of experience, get used to the feel of it all. I'm 16 by the way, turning 17 in June.

Comment

• he's a youngun

Comment

he's a youngun
                  Yup, indeed I am!

Comment

• y don't u get a cheap RWD car, , there must be abandonned roads in Straya, go to your local tyre man, ask him for some worn tyres and skids

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Von Smack View Post
                      Hmm...I wanted to try the 'real' track sort of experience, get used to the feel of it all. I'm 16 by the way, turning 17 in June.
                      Buy a drift car and go to a track day, you can get on track from as early as 14(with parents permission ofc)

I started on the street, so never realy went to any try drifting training events lol

Comment

goin to a'dam in june

Comment

y don't u get a cheap RWD car, , there must be abandonned roads in Straya, go to your local tyre man, ask him for some worn tyres and skids
                          an R31 skyline is the best/cheapest car to start with.

The motor has a bit of poke and is pretty damn reliable, the live axle diff is pretty strong, just needs a mini-spool center or weld the spider gears

You can get one in manual for like $1k

Comment

Buy a drift car and go to a track day, you can get on track from as early as 14(with parents permission ofc)

I started on the street, so never realy went to any try drifting training events lol
                            I seen a S13 Silvia on Gumtree a few days ago for $1,600. I wanted to buy it but I have two cars. I'll probably buy a S-Chassis car in the future and set it up as a drift car. Let me borrow yours, I won't crash it, I promise.

Comment

an R31 skyline is the best/cheapest car to start with.

The motor has a bit of poke and is pretty damn reliable, the live axle diff is pretty strong, just needs a mini-spool center or weld the spider gears

You can get one in manual for like $1k
                              ^This

I bought my R31 for 1k and it came with heaps of stuff.

Plus when you get better you can swap the front end stuff out for S13 gear and you can get really good power and torque out of the RB30 with some simple mods.

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

• My birthday is in about 2 weeks
                                I have a friend who has a birthday on the same date and he is having a big party at his house with a jumping castle and a blow up swimming pool.
                                He has about 50 people coming
                                Here is the punchline though.
                                He used to do sports gymnastics and now does cheerleading, which means that a lot of cheerleader girls will be at the party.

Lets just say "Challenge Accepted"

Comment

Working...
                                X